• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucky posted by Eagles-R-it

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

key aquirement

Hello fellow NGCer's. Call me lucky or maybe I was due for something good to happen. I got confirmation on a ms69/pf69 25th anniv. ngc certified set, and at a shockingly good price. But that's not all, they through in a ms70/pf70 set as well but at regular price. This will help tremendously toward my goal of achieving a complete set of ms69 and ms70 holders with the different labels. I know many of you scoff at me for this, but 10 or 15 yrs from now maybe my handing this down to a family member of this effort will pay off for someone special. PS they are from a well known reputable dealer. Thanks for following. I appreciate it.

See more journals by Eagles-R-it

You don't have to apoligize for your collecting preferences. The only person you need to satisfy is you. Because I may not have the same type of collecting patterns you have does not mean you have to be like me. I say if collecting labels is what you want to do, then go for it unapologetically, and as for me I'll stand on the sidelines and cheer you on. So, congratulations and best wishes on your collecting goals! (thumbs u

Eagles,

Absolutely agree with Gary, collect what makes you happy! I usually go for the traditional brown labels because most of my sets contain them and I like the symmetry. I started a 2011 early releases labels set because they represent the first time the designation has been available for all denominations, so I started a proof set containing just those labels. Other than that I don't collect labels per say, I would add that the first time I actively sought out a particular label was the black ASE 20th anniversary set label just for the "set" designation.

I say more power to ya, get em all, that's what makes this hobby so great, everyone has different collecting goals or preferences , yours are just that, different.

Thanks for sharing,

Larry

Eagles, (LUCKY),

I said it before and I'll say it again---------

"Buy what you like and like what you buy." I am glad for ya getting those aniversaries. I am still searching for a way and every day seems a little closer. The confirmed grades should start to roll next week and the whole country will try to sell at the same time. I have to keep my sets in check so I will find a way to get those 2---70sssss.

We do what we have to -to keep our goals and our dreams thriveing.

Later----Rick