• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1945 Mercury Dime FB

78 posts in this topic

What kind of a premium do you think would be fair, considering what the vast majority of the 1945's look like on the reverse? Most of what I have seen have been nearly flat with no definition.

That is, if it does not come back as FB. :wishluck:

The post office tried to deliver a 'Registered Mail' parcel today... of-course we were out shopping when they got to our house. doh! Now we will have to wait till Monday, when I can go pick it up at the post office. (shrug)

What is the grade? You should be able to check that online.

If he knew the grade, that would be a good option :/

:popcorn:

??? WTF ???

He knows the submission number, he submitted the coin. He can go and check the grade. I have no idea what you are trying to say.

??? WTF ???

He knows the submission number, he submitted the coin. He can go and check the grade. I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Neither does he.

Congrats!

It's amazing what a premium those two little letters add to the coin!

I can't find any recent sales equivalent to yours but numismedia priceguide has it listed at around $3,000.

@ physics-fan: I have not been using this system long enough to know that I had access to the grade already!

And the verdict is, DRUMROLL...................................

MS63 FB ^^:whee:

AWESOME ! ! ! ! ! !

SPAM ALERT!!! => Now, if you plan to sell, please please please please please please consider consigning it to Scotsman! I would soooo love to describe your coin.

Outstanding !!! A 1945 MS FB sold 6 years ago on Heritage for $2760.

Current listed wholesale is 3 K , retail is $2500 for PCGS and $3850 for numismedia. These coins rarely come up for auction , I think you can get close to 3 K and probably more.

Actually, the coin only cost $2.70, but I didn't do anything. All I did, was take some advice I received here and send the coin in to be graded. :golfclap: It could have been done by anyone who came into contact with the coin. ;)

Before even thinking about what to do with the coin, which I imagine will take a bit of time to liquidate, I have a more immediate concern at hand: :juggle:Unloading, at a minimum, the 4 (we have several others to go as well) items we listed in the "Money Marketplace."

As many of you know, we desperately need to get some funds coming into the Disaster Relief account of my Veterans organization... especially with Christmas around the corner!

Our Organizational Website: 40th Field Artillery - Combat Veterans Organization

Our Website Donation Page: 40th Field Artillery Regiment, MLRS - Donations

Would you all please tell your friends about the 4 listings..... We will accept any reasonable offer on each of the 2 rolls of coins listed. Your help in passing the word will be much appreciated! :angel:

I can say this, we are probably NOT going to want to go through the lengthy process of a formal, high visibility auction. The coin is not a very high grade and we don't imagine there being much of a fight for ownership. Time is of the essence for all concerned.

@ physics-fan: I have not been using this system long enough to know that I had access to the grade already!

And the verdict is, DRUMROLL...................................

MS63 FB ^^:whee:

@physics-fan: :popcorn::/

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

:whee:^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ :headbang::insane:

63: $10.80

>>> FB: $3840 <<< :whee: :whee: :whee:

Premium earned: $3829.20 (thumbs u

:takeit:

congrats

your coin looks better than a 63 - is there not much luster?

could you give us the cert number so that we can see NGCs pics?

The coin is not a very high grade and we don't imagine there being much of a fight for ownership. Time is of the essence for all concerned.[/size]

Quite the contrary - very rare strike designations like this, on highly popular series like the Merc, tend to drive a lot of auction action. The only way to sell this, in my opinion, would be in an auction. If you need cash quick, many auctions will give you a cash advance.

I forgot to answer your other question. No, the coin is not very 'shiny' and has more of a 'matt or satiny' appearance. When you see the coin in hand, it looks completely different than the pictures I posted. A close inspection reveals a lot of subdued, sparkly, soft colors....

I am sorry, I don't know how to describe a coin... that is for the professionals.