• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay posted by Eagles-R-it

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

25th Anniversary sets

Has anyone been following the turmoil on Ebay with the 25th sets? It's remarkable. How about one company who put up a full ms69 and ms70 set, when lots of people signed up to be notified when they were going on sale. This is what I have heard anyway. What do you all think? I suppose most don't give a rats a__ about it.

Thanks for listening

See more journals by Eagles-R-it

The big companies will always get their hands on the coins before we do. It was the same way when the 5oz national park coins came out. This is something that we will always have to deal with.. sad but true..

EAGLES,

The coins in the 25th Aniv. set that were just sent in will have a special collered wrapper. I have kept my MS set up as coins were available and two 2011 MS coins are 25th Aniv but not from the sets. Find out what the coin designation reads and what the color of the background is before you shop for the real deal.

Later ---------------

The T.V. shopping networks were selling them yesterday also. The 5 coin 25th Anniversary Set graded by ANACS in 70 "First Day of Issue Limited to 200 Sets" was selling for $2999.95 and the same set graded in 69 "Limited to 300 Sets" was selling for $1499.95. Imagine,they will gross over 1 million dollars in a couple of days when sold out. This network is usually overpriced and prey's on the inexperience of the people buying. I thought the 70 set was priced low,I have seen adds for $4000.00.But the 69 set seemed high as I've seen them advertised for under $1000.00. The 2 graded sets on Ebay are out there to test the waters so they know what to price the rest of there sets at.Only time will tell what prices for graded sets will bring.

The T.V. shopping networks were selling them yesterday also. The 5 coin 25th Anniversary Set graded by ANACS in 70 "First Day of Issue Limited to 200 Sets" was selling for $2999.95 and the same set graded in 69 "Limited to 300 Sets" was selling for $1499.95. Imagine,they will gross over 1 million dollars in a couple of days when sold out. This network is usually overpriced and prey's on the inexperience of the people buying. I thought the 70 set was priced low,I have seen adds for $4000.00.But the 69 set seemed high as I've seen them advertised for under $1000.00. The 2 graded sets on Ebay are out there to test the waters so they know what to price the rest of there sets at.Only time will tell what prices for graded sets will bring.

i hate them tv shopping networks and what they are getting. then again welcome to america

As of this mourning on Ebay, between active and ended auctions there was a total of 42 sets. Of the 42 sets, 27 were 70's and 15 were 69's. What does this mean? At this point in time probably nothing. But if this trend keeps going you should get at least 2 70 sets for every 5 submitted. Maybe,Hopefully? Time will tell.

Until we see a population report, I don't think the ebay ratio means much. The sellers have a much higher profit potential with the 70 sets, and don't want to miss out on the high prices in the first few days.

The Mint's quality control has been steadily improving over the years. Look at the NGC population figures: in the 80's and 90's, PF69 Eagles outnumber PF70's buy a factor of 10 to 1 or higher (for 1993, it's almost 50 to 1). Starting in 2000 (9 to 1), the ratio started dropping. By 2007, the number of PF69's and PF70's were equal, and since then PF70's have outnumbered PF69's.

Have any Collectors Society members received a grading report from their 25th anniversary sets?