• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25th Anniversary Silver Eagles posted by LJ Rambo

35 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I am a SAE collector, I knew about the SAE release and I was very patient and got my order in at 12:22. The best news is my order shipped TODAY 11-9-11.

If you were lucky enough to get a set remember don't open the "cardboard box", or you wont be able to get them graded with the special 25th anniversary label.

I hope all these people ordering sets on Ebay realize that an opened set of 5 coins kills off 3 coins of the 5 pc set. WHy buy an opened set on Ebay when NGC or PCGS will not grade them as 25th anniversary. Just go buy coins on APMEX and save you money. An opened set will only justify 2 of the 5 coins.

I have a complete set of PF70 SAE with the exception of the 95 which is a PF69, I will need to add this one to my competitive set. Highly limited and highly desired.

LJRambo111

See more journals by LJ Rambo

I dont want to sound mean, but eventhough these will be extremely hot for a very long time, Everytime I see an opened set on ebay, I just smile even more. It will bring the rareity and scarcity up more to these sets in monster demand from ppl. So far I seen 5 open sets.. 999,995 perfect set left.. Lets keep counting them down. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I am a SAE collector, I knew about the SAE release and I was very patient and got my order in at 12:22. The best news is my order shipped TODAY 11-9-11.

If you were lucky enough to get a set remember don't open the "cardboard box", or you wont be able to get them graded with the special 25th anniversary label.

I hope all these people ordering sets on Ebay realize that an opened set of 5 coins kills off 3 coins of the 5 pc set. WHy buy an opened set on Ebay when NGC or PCGS will not grade them as 25th anniversary. Just go buy coins on APMEX and save you money. An opened set will only justify 2 of the 5 coins.

I have a complete set of PF70 SAE with the exception of the 95 which is a PF69, I will need to add this one to my competitive set. Highly limited and highly desired.

LJRambo111

See more journals by LJ Rambo

I bought the 2006 Anniversary Set for $100 from the U,S, Mint. A recent article in Coin world had people advertising an MS70 set of the 2011 for $4000.This is absurd. The 2006 Reverse Proof was advertised as one of a kind etc. I also have a 70 set there. The MS 70 Reverse Proof has gone down in value even before this 2011 25th Anniversary set. I saw a 2006 Reverse Proof PF-69 offered for $215 lat week. What do you think is going to happen in a few years now that there are two?I am finished with the A.S.E. for the most part. I will concentrate on the Morgan Dollar which has always been my main focus and look for deals below retail as always as been the case. I saw an add the ther day where somebody advertised they had 25 of the 25th Anniversary Sets, The Dealers and the Greedy non collector profiteers along with the lax policies of the U,S,Mint has ruined this series.A few weeks ago I purchased an 1898S Morgan Dollar PCGS MS64 for $575.00 PCGS Retails it for $725 and NGC for 680.00 The other day I purchased n 1880CC Morgan GSA Dollar Reverse of 78 for less then $700. NGC lists it as $910. Bowers in his "Morgan dollars lists it with a mintage of 125,000 which is about half the estimated mintage of the 1885CC and it is GSA. Care to guess which will have the most value between those and the A.S.E. Reverse Profs in two years?. Not only that but I already have the 2011 A.S.E. in both MS-70 and PF-70. I also have a PCGS with the label minted in S.F. but not the actual Mint Mark, Big Deal here. Also a 70. The big difference will be the label. Let the others chase it.

Paul, more good news- You have too many digits in your tally. Of the original 100,000(not 1,000,000), there are '99,973' perfect sets left!- by your count.

Okay, I am a real newbie at coin collecting. I love the SAEs and have started a small collection. I was lucky enough to be home sick on the 27th and was able to order 5 sets of the anniversary sets that Thursday. I was notified yesterday that they shipped. So here was my plan: Sell 3 sets to pay for the 2 sets I want to keep, only I just discovered from NGC that I cannot even open the box if I want a graded set. I either have to have all 5 graded or none graded...so here is my stupid question...what should I do? Grade or no grade? Any opinions will be highly valued!

To chryslerfan,

If you wanted to have any Graded, DO NOT OPEN THAT SHIPPING CARTON!!

You'll have to send them All to NGC, with Special Instructions. You may want to call them ahead of time, ask if They can seal the non-graded sets for your customers(probably at an extra charge). I'd say Grade them ALL! Remember, if you open the carton, NO Sets can be graded, just the Reverse Proof.

I would send to get graded.... I know I am.. A Perfect 70 set will become a monster value in the long run.. I hope u get a perfect set..

PS.. my math was wrong I was too excited when I keep seeing those opened sets !

99,970 Now...

To chryslerfan,

If you wanted to have any Graded, DO NOT OPEN THAT SHIPPING CARTON!!

Wait a minute - I can still open my box, look at my coins, and still send them in for grading. As I understand it, I would just not get the special label. So what if I don't collect labels? Mine shipped today but I have no plans to send in an "unopend box from the Mint" jus to get a special label. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

I don't collect any special labels but in this instance if you don't get all 5 coins with the same label people will not pay as much for them because they could have been pieced together and only having all 5 coins with their special label will prove that they came from this special 25th anniversary set.

I wonder if anybody will have them graded and ask for the FLAG label just so they can have a set that is different.

If you want the "Best" Wait to look at your coins until after they come back from NGC.

The Label we want is the special "25th Anniversary SET" Pedigree. The coins from the opened carton would get the same label as coins available now -"25th Anniversary"(and Much less value). 3 of the coins in the Set are available now, and since NGC cannot be guaranteed the coins came from the original set, this is why NGC Insists on the Mint Sealed Carton to distinguish those coins from the others.

NGC has a copy of the SET label in their articles:

http://www.ngccoin.com/news/viewarticle....25th_eagle_sets

Even if they come back all "69's" you'll do OK, just keep a set of 70's for yourself!

PS. After all the advise, If you still decide to open that carton, We hate you, hate you, hate you!

(Naa, We won't Hate You- we'll just look at you funny)

wow nice! some of you are receiving your sets already.

I ordered mine at 12:40PM. My order status currently says in stock and reserved. but the cool thing is that the little checkbox to cancel is no longer an available option for me. :-)

I hope they ship mine soon. I ordered 1 set and it will mail it straight to NGC.

Good luck to everyone on their sets. I plan on starting a Silver Eagle Collection next year. Hopefully the price will have calmed down a bit once I get to the 25th anniversary point of my collection.

Here's to a bunch of 70s!

For those who arn't aware of the Rules to submit your 25th Anniv. Sets, the following link takes you to NGC's Guideline Page:

http://www.ngccoin.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=2409&NGC-label-for-25-anniversary-eagle-sets&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=25th_eagle_sets

Remember- DON'T OPEN THAT U.S. MINT BOX!!!

I don't even want to think about these sets... I tried to order, but every time I got to the payment page, it kicked me off the site... so, I was able to get none. Makes me livid every time I think about it.

OK I have to admit I am buying, no hoarding more sets, #2 on registered proof sets is nice but I must have the most registered silver eagles for the 20th anniversary.

When is the price too high? The day they sold out I kept buying sets on Ebay for 2200.00. I want to see one and hold one, I sent 10 sets so far to NGC for grading.

For those who arn't aware of the Rules to submit your 25th Anniv. Sets, the following link takes you to NGC's Guideline Page:

http://www.ngccoin.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=2409&NGC-label-for-25-anniversary-eagle-sets&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=25th_eagle_sets

Remember- DON'T OPEN THAT U.S. MINT BOX!!!

Guess I should have the mint return the mint capules and holder so I remove coin from the NGC slab if I want to recreate an original set ....hmmmm'

I wanted to keep one set intact and send 4 in for grading but that would require opening the shipping box.