• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh well posted by Eagles-R-it

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Appreciator of coins

No I am not offended. When I can buy a NGC ms69 2011 silver eagle on a Monday and sell it for 2 1/2 times what I paid for it the next week to help fund my goal, that is not true collecting I guess. I look at my endeavor like when I was small and had all the blue trifold books to collect pennies nickels dimes etc, when you found one you were excited, no different here. Actually when I do finally accomplish my task and I have maybe 8 to 12 labels that are rare or hard to get I guess I did make it then, because The coin is then also rare, and like they say, buy the coin. I suppose it's like going after that elusive Morgan CC or Lincoln penny, Numismatics is what you make it. OCD probably not, ain't got enough money for that to occure. But the same could be said about someone who has been collecting and accumulating a certain collection for years, I call that determined and passionate, but also OCD. Just jawing with you all, loosen up and ENJOY your particular endeavor. I am, and I will be the only one in the US maybe to say "I have every 25th anniversary silver eagle holder with the different labels and mint marks in ms70."

Thank you, you have been a great audiance.

See more journals by Eagles-R-it

I enjoy reading your posts about your set of different eagle labels. I have a whole lot of eagles myself and I enjoy each one. Sure, alot of them maybe the same exact coin, but the different labels look great in my display case. Keep posting your finds Eagles R it.. To each his own !!

Eagles,

I am very pleased with my 2 sets--MS and PF. I do have 5 different type of lables throughout the set. It adds a nicer view for one and the mintage for those lables are lower. Hence the price will be a little higher but it is what I enjoy so the tight wads that collect the lower priced "same grade" coins won't be a bother at auctions----No offence Sethwells.

Buy what you enjoy and enjoy what you buy.

HAPPY COIN COLLECTING

Spirited discussions are GREAT! I'm still curious how any of those other labels differ from each other? Why is their more interest in an Early Release label as apposed to just a brown label. I don't think any coin from the US that has been released in the past few years is rare. They are plentiful in all grades unless you find a 2011 50c ARMY MS70 then you have a great rarity but other than that they are all cheap cheap cheap.

I am a collector and a dealer of sorts although I seem to have a problem letting anything go even if I have multiples. on that note if anyone interested in the first 16 president dollars in PF70UC with the presidential labels, I'll make you a great deal on them as I have 2 sets.

We all have a little bit of obsessive compulsive disorder, I like to think I've got my compulsory obsessiveness in ORDER, at least its organized!