• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overwhelmed posted by Eagles-R-it

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Confused to say the least

Just when I thought I was within sight of accomplishing my goal of collecting a complete set of 2011 Silver Eagle holders with different labels and different eagles in ms70, I find out that the Mint is issuing 3 labels for coins from the 5 coins anniversary set.

This means if I understand it right and the kind lady at NGC explains it there are three coins, the "W" "S" and "bullion" coin to get the pedigreed label. Thats fine, except they can also come with the early release label. This now makes six to collect.

But wait there is more. If some are sent in with the mint box not sealed only the "S" coin can be graded in MS. It will get a brown label from the set and this also can get early release. So, that makes 8 labels available for the 25th anniversary set.

But wait, I understand that some of the big wholesalers can get their own label, which means if this is true, an unknown number of labeled Eagles to be obtained.

The mint also only produced 100,000, so how many will be sent in for grading? How high will the prices be? Could there be a certain coin that has less than 100 or even 20 with a label for it.

Your thoughs folks. Also correct me on my errors as I am going on gut feeling and some minor info from NGC.

Thanks

See more journals by Eagles-R-it

Don't forget about that good old flag label, and the early release labels. The more I read about your mission to get all the labels the more I realize your mission has little to do with numismatics and more about OCD. Hey whatever floats your boat. You are making yourself happy as well as the sellers you buy from and of course NGC. I bet NGC will read your posts and come up with at LEAST 5 more labels.

I just picked up a 2011 5C NGC PF70UC for $13 on ebay with free shipping. It isn't an early release label and I have no interest in finding one with an early release label because they would be the EXACT same coin and it would be redundant.

Just my 2 cents.

If I have offended you then I am sorry it was not my intentions.

Hi there "Eagles"

You can go another way and just purchase one SAE in the proof version and one in the MS version for your collection/registry. Then in the "owner comments" you can can give a narrative of the labels available for that particle coin and the history behind each label.

Jeffrey

Can't you also get you own name on a label which means you could effectively have double the possibilities simply by adding your name " The So and So Collection" to the labels. The possibilities are mind boggling.

With Labels,The possibilities can be endless! Set your boundries.

Last weeks 25th Anniv sets on sale from the Mint, a Label set of those may end up costing $200-500 per certified coin once they're available for sale, much too rich for my wallet. Can you imagine a Label variety collection with the 1995-W Proof 69 Eagle at about $3500 each?

I'm just hopeing the Mint sends us 2 or 3 of the five sets my son and I ordered, so we can send them to be certified in their sealed OGP.

I know how ya feel with the OCD. I struggle with it myself. Especially with this hobby. Right now my obsessing has me stuck on my Morgan Dollar San Francisco dare set. There are alot if expensive coins in it since its XF and up set only!