• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I thought it was 5 per household?!!!! posted by cemonice

18 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

this is insane! i would rather give it all up!

I thought the mint limited only 5 sets per household! i saw a guy on e-bay who says he has 20 sets coming and is selling them at $800 a piece!!!! That is BULL S...!!!!!

I cant even get 1 set for my damn kid! I am seriously considering giving this up! forget about all of you slimy, wannabe coin dealers who are just trying to make a buck! This really makes me sick! It makes me sick that im letting myself get soo worked up over this!

8 HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR A SET YOU JUST PAID 3 FOR!!! I cant wait until KARMA comes back on the ones doing this!

I apologize to all the honest coin dealer/collectors who read this....

Nick

See more journals by cemonice

Hi Nick I see from you last posts your order is on backorder. If that is correct you have no problems with your order. As for the D-ick on Ebay he either got his friends to order them or he used aliases to make his purchased. But the Mint will cross references his orders and will cancel them if they find out they are from the same order.

I will just wait a while. Like the Lincoln Chronicle they were triple on the secondary market only to come down to a agreeable price today. Good things come to those who wait,

Ed

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Stay cool, calm and collected otherwise they have beaten you. I wrote earlier about someone on this site bragging about gettin twelve. They have since altered their posting to get rid of the negative evidence. Another mark on their integrity. As it seems, I got my order in for 5 and I'll make the same deal with you that I made with another member here. If I actually get my five I ordered I'll sell one to you for the three hundred the mint charged me plus what ever the shipping is to you. We'll work out the details when and if I get my order. Be Happy and know that not everyone is a jack@#!

I feel bad for the poor schmoes that bought from ANY of those Pre-Sales, Except for a small number of Reputable Dealers, many of those vendors have already spent the proceeds of those Pre-Sales, with NO Product! Then we have the "Confidential" PreSales to the TV(and other) dealers, They're the ones who get first "Grabs" on at least 5-10% of the sets. You'll see them on the coin vault show, and they'll have "plenty" on hand! The hope that the Mint Kills those Orders entirely! I just hope that I get 1 or 2 of the 5 that I ordered.

Well "Jee Wizz" -----I hope I get the "1" that I ordered. Couldn't raise the count on the shopping cart and still buy other coins. Anyway the best of luck to all of us.

Later---Rick

With regard to both Order limits, and the relative Low total of 100k sets, to try to avoid losing an entire order to these limits(as Has happened in the past), I made 2 Orders- One for 2-sets, and one for 3-sets. Later that day my son told me he had also ordered 5 sets for himself, from his girlfriends home, in 5 seperate orders(this way he would always have a "sealed" set on hand to certify).

It appears that the Mint IS acting on the Limits by scanning the orders as to the HH limits. Every few hours over the last couple of days, we have been receiving emails stating that another of our orders was cancelled- one by one. From My 2, and My Son's-5 original Orders- Totaling 10 Sets, we are down to 3 orders- One of Mine, for 3 Sets; and Two of My Son's, at 1-each- Total: 5-sets for the HH.

I just hope they don't whittle these numbers any further.

I plan on getting mine graded.. when I jumped on the 20th Anniversary set, I submitted 3 sets and only got 2 PF70s (one reverse and one proof).. so needless to say, I got 5 sets that Im hoping to get ONE complete 70 set.. ha ha ha..

Does the mint package them individually and then place in a bigger box? I know that it has to be sealed inorder for NGC to verify they all came from the same set. If they are wrapped individually, I will sell some of mine to a fellow collector who struck out yesterday.

The 5 coin set comes in its holder, and the 5 coin holder packed in shpg box.

Like everyone else, I just want to get a certified set of 70's(much to ask?) when I send in my 5 sets(or however many the mint sends me. Even if they don't grade 70's have you seen what people are offering on ebay? One guy was bidding $1575 last night-for ONE set! Now it's up to $1782!! See for yourselves--

(Now some of these are being taken down by eBay,as they're caught)

Was $1982:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-AMERICAN-EAGLE-25TH-ANNIVERSARY-SILVER-5-COIN-SET-A25-MINT-SEALED-BOX-/280763025488?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415ec7c850

and this one for $3200:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Silver-Eagle-25th-Anniversary-Set-NGC-PF-70-RP-70-MS-70-MS-70-MS-70-ER-/290622204624?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43aa6eead0

If my 3 sets that I ordered for myself and gifts for family members don't come through once the Mint figures out their issues, could someone sell me one or two sets $350-400ish? Please...? I'll even do the PussInBoots eyes if it'll help.

My question is.. will the mint package the set in a box (sealed) and then put that into a bigger box? What Im trying to figure out is, will my 5 sets (sealed) come in a bigger box? Would hate to open the big box to see 5 unsealed presentation boxes (presentation box being in the origional mint box without tape).

I would like to open the box when it gets here and see 5 individual sealed boxes.. will this be the case?

Can be the seller with a phantom account.. trying to rope a dope.. just saying.

(shrug)

I can tell you that I am, in fact, just another average joe collector like yourself. But you won't believe just me word. I'm an HVAC guy!

Unless you only ordered one set, the Mint won't pack each of them in seperate shipping cartons to you. If you/ve bought from the Mint before, you've seen how things are tossed into the carton, labeled, and mailed- they won't treat these sets any different

If you want to certify, it's that shipping carton that must be put into another shipping box, and sent along to NGC.

Lets say you only wanted to certify Less than the total sets in your Mint order-My assumption is you should certify the whole batch, since once the Mint carton is opened, the remaining sets are no longer in a sealed box.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. That is what I was assuming. I dont have to worry about it for a bit, my order is now on HOLD.. and the shipping date has changed again.. ha ha ha...

Unless you only ordered one set, the Mint won't pack each of them in seperate shipping cartons to you. If you/ve bought from the Mint before, you've seen how things are tossed into the carton, labeled, and mailed- they won't treat these sets any different

If you want to certify, it's that shipping carton that must be put into another shipping box, and sent along to NGC.

Lets say you only wanted to certify Less than the total sets in your Mint order-My assumption is you should certify the whole batch, since once the Mint carton is opened, the remaining sets are no longer in a sealed box.