• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25th Anniversary Set Priced at $299.95

111 posts in this topic

According to Mint News Blog the US Mint has priced the 25th Anniversary ASE Set at $299.95 . Here is what Michael wrote on his blog.:

The United States Mint has announced the pricing for the 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set as $299.95 per set. This price will remain subject to potential change based on the market price of silver leading up to the release and throughout the period of availability. Pricing for the set has been an object of speculation for the many collectors eagerly awaiting the release. Although the price is higher than some people had been estimating, personally, I had expected the price to be even higher.

Each set will contain the following five coins:

• 2011 Proof Silver Eagle (W mint mark)

• 2011 Uncirculated Silver Eagle (W mint mark)

• 2011 Uncirculated Silver Eagle (S mint mark)

• 2011 Reverse Proof Silver Eagle (P mint mark)

• 2011 Silver Eagle bullion coin (no mint mark, but struck at the San Francisco Mint)

The US Mint currently sells proof Silver Eagles individually for $58.95 each and uncirculated Silver Eagles individually at $50.95 each. The bullion versions are sold to authorized purchasers in bulk quantities based on the market price of silver plus a mark up of $2 per coin.

The 2011 Reverse Proof Silver Eagle and 2011-S Uncirculated Silver Eagle are not offered individually and are not expected to be available in any other numismatic products, making these coins unique to the set.

The Mint has also confirmed that they will produce “up to 100,000 sets” with a household ordering limit of 5 sets to be imposed for at least the first week of sales. Orders will be accepted starting on October 27, 2011 at 12:00 Noon ET.

A25_popup.jpg

Happy Collecting

Edj

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Does anyone know how these might pop up on the site when they do go on sale? Do we have to look in a certain category or something? Thanks!

They go on sale at noon, EST, today.

Does anyone know how these might pop up on the site when they do go on sale? Do we have to look in a certain category or something? Thanks!

Thanks Mark, I know this but was actually wondering when you go to the mint homepage, will an automatic link popup to the set or will we have to search for them in one of the categories like " special collectibles" etc???

Thanks Mark, I know this but was actually wondering when you go to the mint homepage, will an automatic link popup to the set or will we have to search for them in one of the categories like " special collectibles" etc???

Sorry, Bobby, I don't know the answer to that. But if they are not showing up on the page, under "Products" you can click on "American Eagle Coins" and I expect that they will show up on that list.

Well I was able to juggle a few bills around this payday and I'm gonna try to get in and get one set at least. I wound up having to sell my 2006 set so I'm really hoping I can get in fast enough to at least get an order in and replace that set.

I hope the Mint web servers have been upgraded since last year. Popular coins with limited mintage (The Lincoln Cent Chronical Set) created a server overload for which the US mint actually apologized.

Here's hoping the system can handle to traffic this morning.

OP

Yeah, servers not upgraded. I've been trying for the last 5 minutes, would've been trying the last 20 but Case bank was being a --- and had to go withdraw cash to put into the friend's account.

I tried on the PC and kept getting to the "cart" and just waiting to enter "5" in the quantity box - never happened. The wife was on the phone calling and redialing. At 12:40 p.m. - she got through and I got to place my order. Now trying to get in online to verify the order. Phone wins over the Computer - I will believe all this when I have the sets in hand!!!

I got an order in at 12:54, and I got another one in (for a friend) at 1:11. In those 17 minutes, there were an average of 178 orders per minute placed, which is up to 890 sets sold. Extended to the first 75 minutes at that rate (which is unlikely), we're talking about 13,350 orders, at 5 per is over 50% sold, 66,750.

It took me approx 45 min to be able to pay for my order that the site showed was in my cart. Took me total time of 1 1/2hrs to finish. Hope to get my one set. I guess won't know if orders were received in time until comes time for shipping which shows 11/10/11. I'm not sure if the site can recognize wether the sets are sold out at the time of order. I seriously doubt it.

It took me 45 minutes to get the set on the phone with the redial. The guy on the phone said the average wait was 30 minutes. I started to call 1200 noon eastern time and got in at 1245 eastern time. Good Luck to Everyone Getting in Today!

Well I got an email at 2:16.... for 5 sets backordered... That was a nightmare the internet page never got past step 5 put i was able to click the purchase button and did recieve a confirmation email. As aggravating and time consuming as that was i will bet that I will never see my backordered coins. AHHHHH!!!

Even the first orders are "backordered." I'm fully confident that if you have a confirmation number as of now, you will get your sets unless the Mint cancels your order because you exceed 5 sets per address (shipping or credit card).

My slog through the system finally ended at 2:14 ET with my 5 sets being confirmed. Never got anywhere on the phone, and feared accidentally hanging up on "Peggy" and trying again out of habit.