• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holder Labels posted by Eagles-R-it

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

How many

I collect holders that have different labels in them. This yr, 2011 Silver Eagles MS69 has 18 holders with different labels counting the Burnished that just shortly came out. Yes there are browns, flags, Early Releases, etc, but I consider each label as it pertains to a certain coin. So that is why I count the Burnished also, even tho it has the same five labels that were previously awarded, well almost. You see there are different mints that produced Eagles, different mint marks etc. So what do you think? With the 5 coin anniversary set due out soon, how many different labels will there be for it? 1, 3, or 5 like the Burnished and for each different coin in the set? Let me know what you think. Also I will be loading my MS69s to my custom collections as a new collection hopefully this week, save for one burnished I had to return. Also if anyone knows of more label for the silver eagle let me know. I am still missing 3 MS70s.

Thanks for your ear

See more journals by Eagles-R-it

I can only imagine the pleasure you derive from collecting the same coin in a different label, as in reality there is really no difference, but as with religion if you get something out of it and it isn't doing you any harm then who am I to tell you otherwise.

If the day ever comes where NGC gives more points to a coin just because it is in an Early Release holder or a Flag holder, that will be the day that I stop collecting, because the design of the holder has no baring on the grade of the coin and I always try to buy the coin not the holder.

Just my 2 cents