• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coins for Sale - My new website - Toned Buffalo, SLQ and Others

23 posts in this topic

Hello all

I just finished up a new website and I thought I'd let you all know. Let me know if you are interested in any of the coins.

Cedarwood Numismatics

Also, feedback is invited.

Thanks for any help you can give.

jom

PS: I have references with Buffalo Head, James_EarlyUS (James Garcia) and Mr. Mark Feld himself!

Nce Jom

But where are the busties :)

Busties are keepers. Finders keepers. :kidaround:

Did you ever get your Lincoln?

jom

Nice, professional-looking site with great photos!

I'm sure you've heard 'more inventory' enough already. I know the hardest part is getting it set up. Now the adding inventory part will be easy - at least online, not necessarily on the pocketbook!!

Good Luck!

Thanks all.

Comments:

1) Not enough inventory. True but I'm selling much of my collection so since I'm not King Faruk (or even BuffaloHead) I wouldn't expect a lot. Definately not easy on the pocketbook. I did rush things a bit as I traded in some material to buy some Bust coinage. I probably should have kept some of it for the site.

2) Lack of Bust coinage. I collect that now so I'm not sure there will be much there except of "extras". That's probably not the best way to deal since you really want to pick the best stuff to sell.

3) I've collected mainly early 20th Century stuff over the last 18 years or so. That is why you see a lot of that material. Besides I know those series a lot better than most other stuff. I wish I still had my Indian Eagles...

4) Simple website: Yeah, it's simple because I don't have a clue. lol Most of the fancy stuff I don't know how to build. I just used Kompozer (free web builder) and found some program for the "contact info" page.

5) I think I do pretty good photos which doesn't seem out of place these days. There are a LOT of people doing great photos now due, I would guess, to the cheaper digital cameras available. I use a Nikon D3100.

Thanks all. Let me know if you are interested in any of the coins. :baiting:

jom

"Cedarwood is devoted to bringing you high quality 19th and 20th Century US coins of all denominations. "

All Denominations? You have more denominations missing then you have listed.

I found 5c, 25c, 50c, $1

Did not find 1/2c, 1c, 2c, 3c, 10c, 20c, $2.50, $3, $4, $5, $10, $20

"Cedarwood is devoted to bringing you high quality 19th and 20th Century US coins of all denominations. "

I found 5c, 25c, 50c, $1

Being "devoted" to those doesn't necessarily imply "success" at offering them!

I might be devoted to becoming a great dancer, but fail miserably, for example :) (which would undoubtedly be the case).

Jom's website looks like it's going to be terrific, in my opinion. Simplicity is it's best feature!

Good luck buddy.

The site is simple an straight forward but I like a bit more flash in a website with helpful links, Bullion market info, and your like of shopping cart is going to turn some buyers off.

With all that said I still think the site does what it's supposed too which is highlight coins for sale with good quality images and as long as your selection improves then there is no reason you can't be successful if the coins are priced at Market levels (thumbs u

I found 5c, 25c, 50c, $1

Heh...tough room. :)

I took the word "devoted" out since I think that is lame. lol

However, I think James it correct. What if I said I only bring Buffalo nickels and Merc dimes? Would that draw a lot of customers? Not sure.

Whatever the case, it's a start. But I can see a problem keeping up since it is not only very difficult to have the cash to buy but getting to shows is almost impossible. It's a very difficult business.

Good luck buddy.

The site is simple an straight forward but I like a bit more flash in a website with helpful links, Bullion market info, and your like of shopping cart is going to turn some buyers off.

I'm curious as to the advantage of a shopping cart. I know several dealers that don't use them...Mark doesn't. Let me know what you think though.

Thanks all!

jom

Unless you have several mulitples of each coin, I really dont feel that a shopping cart will detour possible buyers. I would add "inventory is subject to change, please contact me if interested in a coin I have listed on this site" Maybe purchase an internet based phone system such as vonage (if you already use vonage, its cheap to add a second line to your existing phone adapter) or what ever you choose and place that phone number on your site for your customers to inquire about your stock. You can always unplug the phone at night so that it will not wake everyone else in the house, the voice mail will still be there in the morning. Email is nice, but it can be extremely slow to get a response.

Just a few of my ideas, but its your business, run it in a way that you feel would work best for you.

-Chris#2

UEmail is nice, but it can be extremely slow to get a response.

Just a few of my ideas, but its your business, run it in a way that you feel would work best for you.

Thanks!

I'll probably update with a number I have through Skype. Good idea!

On the email note: I'm FAR more likely to respond to an email...I'm actually pretty good about that. However, I've heard that many dealers seem to have a problem with this. I haven't personally ran into much of a problem with it myself as a buyer but if I'm selling then I'm responding!

Thanks again.

jom

Here's a sample from the site:

5c-20d_450.jpg

Nice 20-D Buffalo in an old rattler holder. $2300. See site for larger photos.

Thanks for looking.

jom

5c-26d_450.jpg

Nice 26-D Buffalo NGC63 "star". $995. See site for larger photos.

Thanks for looking.

jom

1d-1882s_450.jpg

1882-S Morgan Dollar PCGS MS64 - $450 See site for larger photos.

Thanks for looking.

jom

1d-2007-James_450.jpg

2007-P Jamestown PCGS PR68DCAM - $225

Thanks for looking.

jom