• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"early paper money of america" by newman and confederate paper money guidebook

22 posts in this topic

glossy page, sewn binding

Binding: Hardcover

Edition: 5th

Size: 8.75x11.25

Pages: 496

: Early Paper Money of America

Publication Date: November 28, 2008

A recent surge in this paper money arena provides a ready-made audience for a new edition of this one-of-a-kind book. Top-dollar auctions are putting more Colonial American paper money into collectors' hands, creating a wealth of collectors seeking a new edition of the definitive guide, "The Early Paper Money of America". This is the collectors' best choice, because it: offers 1,100+ detailed, high quality illustrations investors, history enthusiasts, re-enactment groups and educators can turn to for identifying issues; represents the most comprehensive guide to Colonial American paper money and early states issues; and, provides information not readily available to general paper money collectors. This new edition continues a tradition of reliability collectors of early American paper money respect. MANY FULL COLOR PHOTOS

ALMOST NEW CONDITION

LIST 100 USD

as a bonus i will include another paper book

confederate states paper money

by arlie slabaugh

9th edition

a price and attribution guide with over 200 photographs

all about paper money of the confederate southern states

ninth edition softcover almost new

for sale at 60 usd plus 9 dollars for insured usps shipping and handling

total 69 usd also please i need a united states postal money order bought only at the united states post office

please pm me

and

thanks for looking

115176.jpg.2b6c54b0f5547c0c94988dac206e962d.jpg

i get my books from my personal library of coin books

that i am slowly divesting myself of

about one-third have already found new homes :foryou:

i am also really sad and crying as of late

because you have yet to buy one from me :shy:

to the above 2 books selling as a pair

i am adding another bonus item to be included

the auction catalogue (really a guidebook of western territorial americana)

of the john j ford jr. collection by stacks coins currency and medals part XX

of western territorial americana october 16, 2007 card covers excellent condition

a fantastic read!!

of western territorial americana october 16, 2007 card covers excellent condition

a fantastic read!!

ttt :hi:

a fantastic read!!

ttt :hi:

:shy:

That's a great piece of Numismatic Literature by one of the most astute researchers and writers in this field. It's true and sad, that many of this generation of collectors fail to recognize the talent and experience the likes of Newman, not to mention the importance of acquiring these early pieces of literature.

this 2008 edition is the new updated and corrected version with new revised pricing

I do not use these words lightly, but, in my opinion, this should be considerd the definitive reference on the subject. This volume, the new 5th Edition, is profusely illustrated with photogaphs of actual notes; many photos are in color. The book is well organized and is not limited to the paper money of the thirteen original colonies/states, but also includes sections dealing with Florida, Louisiana, the Northwest Territory, and Vermont.

Naturally, an extensive section deals with Continental Currency.This book is the work of decades of research, which is reflected in the author's discussions of multiple historical avenues. By this I mean discussions of not only the notes themselves but also their evolution and use in the colonies, perhaps better described as an introduction to Colonial economics. Counterfeiting, valuation, relative purchasing power, printing styles and processes, and the various signers of respective notes, are all discussed.

I must state that while this is an incredibly detailed book, it is also a very accessible book. Both novices to the field, as well as experienced collectors, will appreciate that the vast amount of information contained within it, while scholarly, does not bog down into mind numbing prose.The adage, "Buy the book, before the Note", represents some of the soundest advice that can be given to any collector. For those interested in early American paper money, this is the book to buy!!!

Why is it folks won't spend their money on a terrific book before buying the coins that are listed and described in the book? (shrug)