• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 Registry awards

25 posts in this topic

I was trying to locate this information without success. What are the timelines for 2011 NGC registry awards? Last day to modify sets and when the winners are announced.

Thank you in advance,

TwoK

Here was the dates for last year. They don't release the date till about 30 days before the deadline.

The deadline for set registration and journal entries is 5 p.m. ET on December 3, 2010.

Winners will be announced on January 7, 2011.

I was trying to locate this information without success. What are the timelines for 2011 NGC registry awards? Last day to modify sets and when the winners are announced.

Thank you in advance,

TwoK

Hi TwoKopeiki,

The last day to submit your coins for review for the NGC registry set awards will be on December 2, 2011 at 5pm Eastern Time. Your coins must be submitted in a set before that deadline in order to be considered for the 2011 registry set awards. Below is a link for the 2011 Registry Awards deadline. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. You can post your questions on here or contact me directly at jgarcia@ngccoin.com about registry questions.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/news/ViewArticle.aspx?IDArticle=2368&2011-Registry-Awards

NGC gives prizes only for the Top 5 overall for World sets or does it also give our prizes for every country? Where can I find information relating to that?

Thanks

Hi BrokenCompass,

Below is a link that has details about the different categories NGC will present rewards for. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/news/ViewArticle.aspx?IDArticle=2368&2011-Registry-Awards

It looks like you'll both be getting a couple (or several) certificates in the mail in a month or two to acknowledge the achievement. Congrats to both of you.

It looks like you'll both be getting a couple (or several) certificates in the mail in a month or two to acknowledge the achievement. Congrats to both of you.

I saw your set - nicely done! Congrats to you, as well.

Cheers,

Roman (TwoKopeiki)

The plaque's are custom made, after the winners are determined. Maybe they hold off shipping the certificates until the plaque's are done.

I will be putting 'return to sender' on mine.

Geeze, this is getting old. :facepalm:

No kidding!! He said he was taking a break in early Jan but I guess he decided to keep posting.

Because the "Occupy NGC" fever is growing. All these guys posting how they are mad and leaving NGC.. but they keep posting "Anti-NGC" . Its getting old. They had already beat the horse into a fine jar of glue! Its not about the registry.. but yet they complain.. its not about the points, but yet they complain about losing their top spot... geeze!

I thought the storm would have blown over by now. but the strap hangers keep coming back. All I can say (and it hurts me).. or get off the pot. Leave or stay.. but no.. they clean out their sets and remind us on every thread..

I need another beer.. Hey Jamie, am I still winning your 1999 set?

Thank you for your lovely comments. Very enjoyable. Please make sure to read and respond to any further comments critical of NGC's removal of PCGS coins from the world registry sets. We better not post anything more about this, because we wouldn't want you to be forced to down to many beers to help you cope.

I never really understood why people would want to collect modern coinage, especially because it is only a matter of money to replicate any modern set at any grade.

Some people just collect what they like!! (thumbs u

Here is some good reading for you!!

Nice and modern and I love them!! :luhv:

195510C.jpg

1982-S10C.jpg

1976-S10C.jpg

Thank you for your lovely comments. Very enjoyable. Please make sure to read and respond to any further comments critical of NGC's removal of PCGS coins from the world registry sets. We better not post anything more about this, because we wouldn't want you to be forced to down to many beers to help you cope.

Ok, this is the second thread where you twisted my words. I never once complained about NGC removing PCGS coins.. I could care less, really! Go back and read my posts about this issue.. read all of them and comprehend them before firing back off the wall statements. Seriously dude!

Ok, this is the second thread where you twisted my words. I never once complained about NGC removing PCGS coins.. I could care less, really! Go back and read my posts about this issue.. read all of them and comprehend them before firing back off the wall statements. Seriously dude!

I say let them complain. We had to hear about the ridiculous ASE-release garbage for 2.5 months, give world collectors at least a month to vent. It's not hurting anyone. I don't have any World sets, but I'm still annoyed that NGC made an unjustified decision to oust the PCGS world coins. And, they still haven't fessed up to it being solely financial. The cop-out reply that it's an issue of sheer number of coins is silly, as the Krause clearly indexes almost all World coins, and they already have that linked to on their site as a price guide. Anyway, I'm not supporting one side or the other, but it is what it is.

Im fine with people showing their displeasure but when you starting slamming the company and the registry, its going too far. What will it solve? And why are some firing ignorant comments at other collectors here? Its not constructive, its destructive.

Im fine with people showing their displeasure but when you starting slamming the company and the registry, its going too far. What will it solve? And why are some firing ignorant comments at other collectors here? Its not constructive, its destructive.

And by you and others following them to all of their threads and adding comments you keep the topics at the top of the list...instead of just letting them run their natural course. The original threads of comments started with requests for NGC to address concerns. Those requests fell on deaf ears, and the "upset" turned to anger. Eventually, the anger will fizzle out into silence as these few members decide to go elsewhere, or possibly stick around and offer insight on numismatic topics (as some of them are amazingly knowledgeable members).

BTW, I received my certificate for my surviving #1 set from the 2011 Registry Awards recently and the certificate is welcome and appreciated as always. Thank you for thinking of us again.