• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 42- Let winter begin...

10 posts in this topic

The San Francisco Mint did not coin nickel five-cent pieces until 1912. On what day of that year did coinage commence?

First post that correctly answers wins The Complete Guide to Bufalo Nickels-Second Edition by David Lange.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Crapola! I forgot about this thread this week! Oh well, I know I'm too late, but what the heck - December 24, 1912 was the first day of mintage for the San Francisco Liberty nick. Thus, the the low mintage. Widely hoarded, lots of this coin around in mint state for the low mintage. Odd that Philadelphia ended its production of this nickel 11 days earlier - Dec. 13. Thankfully, the end of Barber's uglier-than-thou design of Liberty blush.gif!

Hoot

The question: The San Francisco Mint did not coin nickel five-cent pieces until 1912. On what day of that year did coinage commence?

The answer: December 24.

The winner is davefperry!

Your prize is The Complete Guide to Buffalo Nickels (second edition).

The winner of the drawing from all the remaining contestants who answered correctly..... mhooten

Your prize is a display box.

Prizes will be sent out ASAP.

Thanks to all!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!! There will be a question this Friday the 27th.