• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New bannings at another coin forum.

242 posts in this topic

My friend, Broadstruck, was just Bammed ATS - no reason given.

They always have a reason, that doesnt mean it is always justified. I dont know if they tell people why they are banned.

They don't tell you. You have to ask.

Now over here we use highbrow words like "Osculate"... for example, did you osculate your wife/girlfriend this saturday morning?

It's too bad that when one yahoo decides to flame out that he takes good people with him.
The thread and its subject matter was wide open for a forum purging and I guess some folks just couldn't resist.

I remember when the Mad One was asked to cover the Cook Islands coin that he was using as an avatar.

I miss the days when folks were "asked" to behave before getting the boot. Nowadays, literally anything can trip the trap door without warning.

It makes you wonder after a while if they ever think about the ill will they might be generating among people spend serious money on coins. Banning should really be the last resort, especially when it is applied to a long-time member who made positive contributions.

Unfortunately I did not see the thread that precipitated this banning. I take it that there was something sexual in it, which surprises me to a point. Usually they nail people for criticizing the host. (shrug)

Sorry to hear about Broadstruck getting the boot, but he always did push the envelope just a tad, but for the most part I enjoyed his humor and he's got some pretty neat coins!

He's more than welcome here.

ANACONDA

Broadstruck's "removal" by the Ministry of Truth is certainly a surprise. Is all opinion except Mr. O'Brian's now prohibited?

It's too bad that when one yahoo decides to flame out that he takes good people with him.
The thread and its subject matter was wide open for a forum purging and I guess some folks just couldn't resist.

I remember when the Mad One was asked to cover the Cook Islands coin that he was using as an avatar.

I miss the days when folks were "asked" to behave before getting the boot. Nowadays, literally anything can trip the trap door without warning.

...i think you're absolutely right, lee. it's getting to the point where you'll have to

run your post past them for their permission before you post!!!! ???

In all fairness nobody held a gun to Boradstrucks head and told him to use the word beaver to insinuate something else thats considered inappropriate.
Do you mean, like, an anatomical innuendo? Now that's thinking outside the box. Oops, sorry! :blush:

They always have a reason, that doesnt mean it is always justified. I dont know if they tell people why they are banned.
The big brain over there told Mark Feld, hadn't you read that?

Goldbully --

Thanks for the nice post ATS, but it seems Mr. O'Brien of the Ministry of Truth in "Airstrip One" does not care for or wish to learn from opinions differing from his own. I really thought the demigod ATS was smarter than that.... :)

Broadstruck's "removal" by the Ministry of Truth is certainly a surprise. Is all opinion except Mr. O'Brian's now prohibited?

Well.... Actually Roger, Broadstruck told me what got him, good joke but rather crass. Having said that, he probably would have only got a warning here, or the thread would have been relegated to TWC land. Who knows? (shrug)

I never had any contact with Broadstruck, but looked him up ATS. He made over 17,500 posts during the last 3 years & 8 months, which averages out to over 13 per day, so we know he spent an enormous amount of his free time reading and posting, and he added a lot of value to their forums. He gave them a big slice of his life over that period. To ban him on a whim, for a careless word or two, ignoring his devotion and efforts, is a vile betrayal. I hope he will accept our moral support.

I would imagine that Broadstruck will be "unbanned" pretty soon ATS. The reason I suspect this is that he has otherwise been a valuable poster ATS and what appears to have gotten him the boot was only sophomoric and might be ignored at other times.

Wow. My guess he will be just be on double secret probation for awhile ATS and then re-instated. Maybe, he won't want to come back? He is a good man. MJ

In all fairness nobody held a gun to Boradstrucks head and told him to use the word beaver to insinuate something else thats considered inappropriate.
Do you mean, like, an anatomical innuendo? Now that's thinking outside the box. Oops, sorry! :blush:
In my what O?

Off to Room 101 with you, RWB.

Roger, did you get bammed ATS as well? Maybe, I read that wrong?MJ

Can I pick out the kind of light bulb in Room 101?

Yep.Mr. O'Brien did not like the concept that some collectors have become "plastic slaves."

It doesn't matter much, since I don't have much free time to post messages.

They banned Roger????:o

Pretty soon it’s going to look like Romper Room over there. :whee:

For those who are too young, Romper Room was a TV kindergarten show that ran before I entered first grade. If they keep on, ATS is going to populated with people who have little knowledge and no opinions. :P

Another way to look at is that they are going to be like “The Boy in the Bubble.” That was a TV movie about a child who had severe immune deficiency who had to live in glass cage. It seems that the people who run PCGS feel that they don’t have enough antibodies to fend off any type of criticism.

I suspect that Roger's banning was because he posted Don Willis' critical PM to Roger, not because of Roger's anti-slab comment.

If I were Don Willis, I would have been infuriated, also.

I suspect that Roger's banning was because he posted Don Willis' critical PM to Roger, not because of Roger's anti-slab comment.

If I were Don Willis, I would have been infuriated, also.

Hmmmm.

I can't help but wonder what it said.

19Lyds - Might have been either, neither, both or "none of the above." In any event, the ATS message board belongs to Mr. O'Brien and his Inner Party; they are free to do whatever they wish.

My interest is in enhancing the knowledge and insights of the hobby and practice of numismatics.

Look at it this way. Even before their recent purgings those captive forums didn't exactly rank high in the marketplace of ideas. The powers that be over there evidently want programmed robots, and that's exactly what they're getting. You folks who were banned over there are all better off right here where we're actually free to share what's on our minds.

19Lyds - Might have been either, neither, both or "none of the above." In any event, the ATS message board belongs to Mr. O'Brien and his Inner Party; they are free to do whatever they wish.

My interest is in enhancing the knowledge and insights of the hobby and practice of numismatics.

Well said! :applause:

That has always been one of my goals too. Oddly enough i've yet to get the boot there, but having said that I'll probably jinx myself. :makepoint:

... but it is your rapier wit I enjoy the most.

Thanks, but sometimes I stick myself in the butt with it, too. :)

With all you guys swinging from the ends of the rope, I feel kind of remorseful now that I did not quite do enough to get to swing along with you big guys.

I shall have to plan a much better assault.