• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New bannings at another coin forum.

242 posts in this topic

Roger that is too bad for those of us still ATS. Needless to say you where a HUGE plus for the forum. Besides, you were Chairman of the Welcoming Commitee and Ambassor of Goodwill. Who could replace you?

Last one left ATS please turn off the lights..............MJ

I shall have to plan a much better assault.

An assault on the censors ATS? You'll be summarily executed. I’m thinking about another posting moratorium. hm

My First Post Here -

I have only been ATS for 11 months and have found it most enjoyable. There are many members of the community that I can attribute that to but with the recent dismissals of RWB - Roger, CoinGuy1 - Mark, Broadstruck - Frank and Bushmaster8 - Greg I felt compelled to sign up over here. I think PCGS has lost some very knowledgeable contributors and it is terribly disappointing. Some people will rub you the wrong way upon occasion but that's what makes people human. It really stinks that you can have several thousand posts within a community and then with just ONE not-so-big-hairy-deal you are gone.

I do not know how active I will be over here but figured it was about time that I drop in and say hi! :hi:

About Me - Currently building a Complete Variety Set of Mercs. :grin:

~Greg

I wonder---do the moderators ATS read these forums and would they ban someone for criticising PCGS on the NGC forums?

It has never been proven although implied...there have been some who made rather disparaging remarks here and were suddenly cast into the abyssal darkness on the other side.

Like Tiny Tim said, "Tiptoe through the tulips.."

I wonder---do the moderators ATS read these forums and would they ban someone for criticising PCGS on the NGC forums?

It was a long time ago, March of 2003 if I recall correctly, but Greg (gmarguli) posted a thread on the NGC boards and some or all of the content of his initial post was copied and then posted onto the PCGS boards by another member. It was at that time that Greg was banned by PCGS and it appeared to have been caused by something Greg wrote here at NGC that he never actually posted at PCGS. Again, it was a while ago and I might have the details royally messed up, but that is how I remember the events.

A lot more people read posts here and at PCGS than most of us suspect. Almost anyone with an interest in events, actions or money relating to coins will have a bot running around to collect info via key words.

We must presume that every posted word is collected, also, by the commercial data aggregators in CT and elsewhere.

I guess they need to - having a Bernie Makoff type guarantee with their loosely graded bulk submissions

hey homerunhall, I read your recommended favorite book that you mentioned at the PCGS members only event -> The Billionaire's Vinegar - about fraud in the collectible wine market

have you read one of my favorites? The Emporer's New Clothes, by Hans Christian Andersen

(our guarantee does not apply if you crack the coin out)

It was a long time ago, March of 2003 if I recall correctly, but Greg (gmarguli) posted a thread on the NGC boards and some or all of the content of his initial post was copied and then posted onto the PCGS boards by another member. It was at that time that Greg was banned by PCGS and it appeared to have been caused by something Greg wrote here at NGC that he never actually posted at PCGS. Again, it was a while ago and I might have the details royally messed up, but that is how I remember the events.

Tom, that is my memory of the events too.

I like the strike method here. Seems more fair, providing an even playing field for all.

19Lyds - Might have been either, neither, both or "none of the above." In any event, the ATS message board belongs to Mr. O'Brien and his Inner Party; they are free to do whatever they wish.

My interest is in enhancing the knowledge and insights of the hobby and practice of numismatics.

Well said! :applause:

That has always been one of my goals too. Oddly enough i've yet to get the boot there, but having said that I'll probably jinx myself. :makepoint:

...i think they read the posts here, bill. so the 'jinx' idea may come crashing. :whistle:------------------------- :devil:

Hi guys! Might take me a while to get all my bags and boxes moved... slow learner with the different format. But count one more who's moving across the street.

Hope Broadstruck and Greg show up. Nice to see Roger here already.

Welcome, I think I know you ;)

My recollection of why/how GregM got bammed ATS matches Tom's and Pat's. Aside from the sense of injustice (deserved or otherwise), I hardly see the big deal in getting bammed from ATS.

[i wonder if this can get me bammed!]

EVP

More than likely, I dont know any of you from ATS (since I never post there and rarely visit there), but I do wish to say welcome to the boards.

-Chris#2

Hi guys! Might take me a while to get all my bags and boxes moved... slow learner with the different format. But count one more who's moving across the street.

Welcome :hi:

A the way a few things over there being handled really bother me. I've posted here before, and think I'll start checking in more often, hopefully I can contribute something useful.

Another guy from ATS here....I'll be poking my head in here once in a while.

My First Post Here -

About Me - Currently building a Complete Variety Set of Mercs. :grin:

~Greg

Welcome to our friendly little neighborhood!

I am not sure about the moderators, but at least two of the company executives "over there" have stated that they do read the NGC boards.

Welcome! FYI- Broadstruck has been posting here for awhile now. No Greg sightings yet that I know of...............MJ

Welcome. As one who has not ventured across the street, look forward hearing your thoughts, viewing and discussing new collections. As for me, I collect a series which is not recognize ATS. GSA's in original holders. Guess that's why I didn't venture to the other side.

Welcome aboard.

Chet

Welcome. As one who has not ventured across the street, look forward hearing your thoughts, viewing and discussing new collections. As for me, I collect a series which is not recognize ATS. GSA's in original holders. Guess that's why I didn't venture to the other side.

Welcome aboard.

Chet

Thanks Chet. That is certainly a good reason to hang out here then. I am doing the Mercury Dime Complete Variety Set right now and it does not seem to exist over here. There is the complete variety set of Roosevelts though. I have already emailed customer service to see if they are willing to put up a Competitive Merc Dime Complete Variety Set. We will see.

Have any others had experience with trying to get sets added over here?