• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War with Germany - US Army Service Token - Any Info?

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I found this token in with a bag of various foreign coins my Dad had collected over the years from his time over seas (while in the military). The strange part was in WWII he was in the Navy and he does not recall where he obtained the token, and has no details on its origin. I've looked on-line and through some token catalogs at the local coin store and can find nothing like this token. Has anyone seen one before and can anyone provide any details or at least where I could look to find out something about it. Thanks....

Have a great day

Jim

110186.jpg.2dcad6e36d3fc77b7e282ec97e1be861.jpg

110187.jpg.327054d49d2f6ecf8c8645472bbc93fb.jpg

On 3/12/2011 at 12:04 PM, nemo656 said:

Hi All,

I found this token in with a bag of various foreign coins my Dad had collected over the years from his time over seas (while in the military). The strange part was in WWII he was in the Navy and he does not recall where he obtained the token, and has no details on its origin. I've looked on-line and through some token catalogs at the local coin store and can find nothing like this token. Has anyone seen one before and can anyone provide any details or at least where I could look to find out something about it. Thanks....

Have a great day

Jim

110186.jpg.2dcad6e36d3fc77b7e282ec97e1be861.jpg

110187.jpg.327054d49d2f6ecf8c8645472bbc93fb.jpg

It

IMG_20190428_165741895.jpg

IMG_20190428_165944967.jpg

Hi All,

I found this token in with some other coins my Dad, grandfather and other family members had collected over the years. My father was is the military, Vietnam but don't think he got this coin there. However he was in the army.  I believe it's a token but there is no date or other numasmtic demographics, and my father has no details on coin. Like others I've looked on-line and through some token catalogs, eBay, esty, Pinterest etc...and cannot find any information on.

Can anyone provide any details? I found a similar coin above but the back is slightly different. 

Thanks....

Hi All,

I found this token in with some other coins my Dad, grandfather and other family members had collected over the years. My father was is the military, Vietnam but don't think he got this coin there. However he was in the army.  I believe it's a token but there is no date or other numasmtic demographics, and my father has no details on coin. Like others I've looked on-line and through some token catalogs, eBay, esty, Pinterest etc...and cannot find any information on.

Can anyone provide any details? I found a similar coin above but the back is slightly different. 

Thanks....

Mike

image.jpg

IMG_20190428_165944967.jpg