• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what do you think of my 1832 half?????

18 posts in this topic

I'm not sure of the color, but I think it might be how you have the coin lit in the picture. Looks like a lot of good detail there, and is probably an attractive coin in hand. EF-40.

The color looks very natural, if also very over-exposed, in the pictures. A nice XF40.

That color does not look right to me, maybe it is just the picture.

Let’s see what some of the other guys think.

Looks like a 40 to me. If it was cleaned, looks like whoever did it missed some of the dirt...

The coloring is questionable and the coin looks like it may have been cleaned and retoned. What settings are you using on your camera? If you tweak these, you may get a better image.

The sharpness grade falls into the VF-35 class IMO. If that color is how the coin looks in person, I'd say there is a good chance that it is not natural.

My first thought was this was a cleaned Fine, but maybe I'm just grumpy tonight and it's actually a VF. It's a common date, usually well struck, yet all the details look mushy in those photos.