Conder Collectors - Post Your Images
7 7

585 posts in this topic

250 posts

To keep this thread from being completely dead and buried here are some more pictures of my tokens taken by JKCoins.

Gloucestershire Gloucester DH 1 from Gary Sriro

Added: NGC graded this 62BN

GloucestershireGloucesterDH1Sm.jpg

Gloucestershire Gloucester DH 11 from Bill McKivor

Added: NGC graded this 63BN

GloucestershireGloucesterDH11Sm.jpg

Edited by farthing
Added Grades

250 posts

Hampshire Gosport DH 2, from Bill McKivor, ex. Robbie Brown

Added: NGC graded this 62BN

HampshireGosportDH2Sm.jpg

Lancashire Lancaster DH 58, from Colin Cooke

Added: NGC graded this 65RB

LancashireLancasterDH58Sm.jpg

Edited by farthing
Added Grades

128 posts

Although technically not a Conder token I collect the later tokens along with the Conder tokens. Just picked this one up. It arrived from across the pond last week.

1468932045_GBWarwickshire181103.thumb.jpg.f4e16ae18ef907480d30ab26bc401bdb.jpg1227820475_GBWarwickshire181102.thumb.jpg.e6d83901c7fa302c853397e843a4e8af.jpg

393 posts

I've not seen many of these tokens, other than the ones collected in the US as "colonials".  Fascinating. I'm guessing that these are collected by county and/or theme?  Very nice Coinsarefun. 

250 posts
4 hours ago, LINCOLNMAN said:

I've not seen many of these tokens, other than the ones collected in the US as "colonials".  Fascinating. I'm guessing that these are collected by county and/or theme?  Very nice Coinsarefun. 

There are many ways to collect these, especially as it is impossible to collect one of each and there are several thousand varieties (not even counting all the edge varieties).  As you said, some focus on a single county, some collect only the Genuine Trade Tokens (GTTs), others focus on the political tokens of Spence or the animal tokens of Pidcock's.  Not surprisingly I have a special fondness for the farthing tokens.  Some are focused on collecting as broad a range of tokens, while others focus on collecting only the very best, and rarest examples.

There is such a variety of themes and designs that each collector can build the collection best suited to their interests.

1,041 posts
3 hours ago, farthing said:

There are many ways to collect these, especially as it is impossible to collect one of each and there are several thousand varieties (not even counting all the edge varieties).  As you said, some focus on a single county, some collect only the Genuine Trade Tokens (GTTs), others focus on the political tokens of Spence or the animal tokens of Pidcock's.  Not surprisingly I have a special fondness for the farthing tokens.  Some are focused on collecting as broad a range of tokens, while others focus on collecting only the very best, and rarest examples.

There is such a variety of themes and designs that each collector can build the collection best suited to their interests.

Extremely well said farthing!

250 posts

Last 3 tokens from my most recent batch submitted to NGC.  Pictures by JKCoins

Somersetshire Bath DH 4 from Bill McKivor

NGC Graded this 64BN

SomersetshireBathDH4Sm.jpg

Warwickshire Stratford DH 320a from eBay

NGC Graded this 64RB

WarwickshireStratfordDH320aSm.jpg

Warwickshire Stratford DH 325 from eBay (same seller as the previous)

NGC Graded this 61BN

WarwickshireStratfordDH325Sm.jpg

692 posts

It's taken quite a few years to acquire a nice example of the Johnson token from the Johnson/Perrins bout of 1789.

1450459283_Warwickshire12Johnson4.jpg.cf25015df7d9576f4f949a5227aab897.jpg 

1609573927_Warwickshire132.thumb.jpg.f35a3683e65147b5ce9913cc9ddd2214.jpg

393 posts

Looked up the bout referenced above. An hour of bare-knuckle heavyweight boxing. Brutal. A bit of an Ali/Liston match but without the quick resolution(s). Good history, thanks for posting.