• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conder Collectors - Post Your Images
3 3

606 posts in this topic

Wow guys, there are so many great tokens posted. I haven't added a Conder Token in several month's. I have always loved the Mailcoach themes but never found a nice two sided pictorial until now! Though this is from 1811-15 ( I think) it is a Wonderfull depiction of a 2 headed swan and mail coach. Graded by PCGS MS64BN. I am happy and proud to add this to my collection .

Wither's-840
William Waterhouse's London (Middlesex) Mail Coach Office copper halfpenny token undated. Obverse: Two headed swan with legend: “PAYABLE AT THE MAIL COACH OFFICE LAD LANE LONDON W. W”. Reverse: Stagecoach galloping to left with legend: “SPEED. REGULARITY & SECURITY”. Milled edge. Issued by William Waterhouse, the proprietor of the “Swan with Two Necks” Tavern in Lad Lane, London. He operated mail and passenger coaches all over Britain

F5F45339-2172-4D50-BF64-C3277603565D.jpeg

Just now, coinsarefun said:

Wow guys, there are so many great tokens posted. I haven't added a Conder Token in several month's. I have always loved the Mailcoach themes but never found a nice two sided pictorial until now! Though this is from 1811-15 ( I think) it is a Wonderfull depiction of a 2 headed swan and mail coach. Graded by PCGS MS64BN. I am happy and proud to add this to my collection .

Wither's-840
William Waterhouse's London (Middlesex) Mail Coach Office copper halfpenny token undated. Obverse: Two headed swan with legend: “PAYABLE AT THE MAIL COACH OFFICE LAD LANE LONDON W. W”. Reverse: Stagecoach galloping to left with legend: “SPEED. REGULARITY & SECURITY”. Milled edge. Issued by William Waterhouse, the proprietor of the “Swan with Two Necks” Tavern in Lad Lane, London. He operated mail and passenger coaches all over Britain

F5F45339-2172-4D50-BF64-C3277603565D.jpeg

Nice to see you posting over here. :smile:

Latest tokens graded by NGC.  The photos are by NGC, the tokens are darker than imaged.

Dorsetshire Blandford DH 1 from Baldwin's Basement Sale #2

Graded 64BN

DorsetshireBlanfordDH1.jpg

Middlesex Skidmore's Globe Series DH 122 from Bill McKivor

Graded 62BN

MiddlesexSkidmoreGlobeSeriesDH122.jpg

Middlesex Skidmore's Clerkenwell Series DH 161 from Soveriegn Rarites, ex. David Dykes plated in his book "Coinage and Currency in Eighteenth Century Britain"

Graded 64BN

MiddlesexSkidmoreClerkenwellDH161.jpg

Middlesex Skidmore's Clerkenwell Series DH 164 from Baldwin's Auction

Graded 65RB

MiddlesexSkidmoreClerkenwellDH164.jpg

Middlesex Skidmore's Miscellaneous Series DH 173 from Bill McKivor

Graded 63BN

MiddlesexSkidmoreMiscellaneousDH173.jpg

Scotland Argyllshire Inverary DH 2 from Dix Noonan Webb's Robbie Brown Auction

Graded 63BN

ArgyllshireInveraryDH2.jpg

On 3/5/2020 at 5:02 PM, farthing said:

MiddlesexSkidmoreClerkenwellDH164.jpg

What is the dark area on this one? Is that a shadow? It looks strangely three dimensional on my laptop screen,as if there is a wave in the screen.