• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Mike DeFalco ...

14 posts in this topic

Saw this posted on CoinTalk...

http://www.cointalk.com/t147192/

Toned coin dealer Mike DeFalco lost his battle to cancer and died in his sleep...

Wow.. I am just speechless. Mike had some of the nicest toned Morgans I had ever seen...

He taught me so much about toning and patterns when I first started collecting toned coins almost a decade ago...

My post from the PCGS boards:

When I began collecting Mike was the first person I spoke to and the first person I ever bought a coin from. Yes, it was a toned dollar.

Over the years he became a very dear friend. While many are sad at Mike's passing I am not. Yes, I will miss Mike being "here" but where he is now is so much better. You see, Mike is now with his (our) dear LORD. Mike became such a great witness of Christ's saving grace and it just filled every conversation we had. Heaven, if it's possible, just got a bit better. I can see our LORD looking at Mike and saying: "well done My good and faithful servent".

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not parish, but have everlasting (eternal) life". John 3:16

I will get to see you again my friend in just a short while. But, today I celebrate your homegoing!

Really sad...I just sent him a note last week on PCGS to see how he was holding up and I never got a response. :( I bought many nice toned Morgans from Mikey when I first got into collecting toned coins and he was a founding member of the toned coin collector society.....he will be missed.

Yea this has been a very tough year. We also lost another great numismatist and great guy, Bruce Longyear, who worked for JJ Teaparty for a number years, earlier this year.

I did not know Mr. Falco, but nonetheless, we lost a lot of well respected numismatists this year, and by what I've read of Mike, he was another important loss. My deepest condolences to his family.

Is there a " toned coin collector society"? I tried to find it yesterday and failed.

There was and it is no more.

RIP Mikey......................MJ