• Announcements

• dena

Try the new NGC Journals!   03/22/2017

NGC has launched a new and improved NGC Journals! Available on NGCcoin.com, the new NGC Journals improves upon the popular platform to write blogs and discuss them with other members. The new NGC Journals has an improved design that makes it significantly easier to post and read journals from any device, including smartphones and tablets. Adding images has been made much simpler, and the NGC Journals now give users the ability to create polls and "like" other entries. A popular feature of the old NGC Journals was the ability to open an entry to comments from other users. This feature has been retained and enhanced — users can now comment on the same page as the original Journal entry, creating a seamless experience. Best of all, the same login can be used to post Journals, make comments and access the other features of the NGC website. Old NGC Journals entries will be migrated to the new NGC Journals soon. In the meantime, users can make posts to the new NGC Journals. To get started, create a Journal and make an entry. Unlike the old NGC Journals, you create a single Journal and then add new entries to it. Your Journal can be customized with a cover photo, and you can choose to make it available to all users or only to the users that you select. You can also choose to receive notifications whenever people comment on one of your entries. Scroll below for helpful tips on using the new NGC Journals or go to the new NGC Journals now >   Instructions / Tips To get started, you must first create your Journal and then you can add entries to that Journal. Choose Journals from the Browse menu if you are not already on the Journals page

Click Create a Journal

Name your journal, add a description, add a photo, and choose if you want all users to see your journal or if you would like it available to a specific audience only. Click Continue to move on to the next step where you can add you first entry!

Click Add Journal Entry to add a post to your journal

Commenting on another user's Journal is easy. After selecting a journal to read, scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find the field where you may enter your comments and see the comments others have posted.

RIP Mike DeFalco ...

14 posts in this topic

Saw this posted on CoinTalk...

http://www.cointalk.com/t147192/

Toned coin dealer Mike DeFalco lost his battle to cancer and died in his sleep...

Wow.. I am just speechless. Mike had some of the nicest toned Morgans I had ever seen...

He taught me so much about toning and patterns when I first started collecting toned coins almost a decade ago...

My post from the PCGS boards:

When I began collecting Mike was the first person I spoke to and the first person I ever bought a coin from. Yes, it was a toned dollar.

Over the years he became a very dear friend. While many are sad at Mike's passing I am not. Yes, I will miss Mike being "here" but where he is now is so much better. You see, Mike is now with his (our) dear LORD. Mike became such a great witness of Christ's saving grace and it just filled every conversation we had. Heaven, if it's possible, just got a bit better. I can see our LORD looking at Mike and saying: "well done My good and faithful servent".

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not parish, but have everlasting (eternal) life". John 3:16

I will get to see you again my friend in just a short while. But, today I celebrate your homegoing!

Well said LL !

RIP Mike.....

Paul

Really sad...I just sent him a note last week on PCGS to see how he was holding up and I never got a response. :( I bought many nice toned Morgans from Mikey when I first got into collecting toned coins and he was a founding member of the toned coin collector society.....he will be missed.

He was certainly very well known in numismatic circles. This is an unbelievably bad year for good folks to leave us :( .

Yea this has been a very tough year. We also lost another great numismatist and great guy, Bruce Longyear, who worked for JJ Teaparty for a number years, earlier this year.

Very sad news. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

I did not know Mr. Falco, but nonetheless, we lost a lot of well respected numismatists this year, and by what I've read of Mike, he was another important loss. My deepest condolences to his family.

Is there a " toned coin collector society"? I tried to find it yesterday and failed.

There was and it is no more.

RIP Mikey......................MJ