• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

specific question about submitting coins for grading

8 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Jim,

If you want to take the utmost precaution with a high value or high quality coin, I would recommend that you double flip it (place the coin in a small flip and then the small flip in a larger one -- please do not tape or staple the flips), then put that inside of a bubble envelope. You can then place the bubble mailer into a box and mail it to us.

Thank you for your question

Hi, what should I do if I only want one of the coin from the Mint Package to be graded, and it is in plastic holder?

If it is in paper holder, should I cut out one that I want to get slabbed or should I send the whole package to NGC to have them take out the coin I want to get graded?

Michael

• Administrator

Michael,

If you only want one coin in a Mint Set you should cut it out and submit it to us in a flip. On the other hand, if you wanted the entire set graded then you would be able to submit it in the mint packaging.

Thank you,

Max Spiegel

Max, I have Proof set from Mint that came in hard plastic case, I just want one or two coins graded. Can I send the set to NGC to break the case and grade those two coins or do I have to break them myself?

Thanks.

Michael

• Administrator

Michael,

If you only want part of a Proof Set graded you would have to crack it out and send us the coins you would like graded. We would only crack out for you if you want the entire set graded.

Thanks,

Max