• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1805 Quarter, your thoughts please!

12 posts in this topic

Also if you don't mind the B number would be helpful. If it helps, there is a die crack on the reverse that extends from the left wing tip up through the S of States, and goes to the rim about 1/3 the way through the T in States.

Don't know the Breen number but I like it. The obv looks close to VF and the rev, thogh not well struck up should make VG10. I'd grade her F15.

Nice and crusty!

This is Browning-2, so the obverse rim weakness is to be expected, especially at "E" in LIBERTY. This was the second use of the obverse die, and it was getting worn down by this time.

I grade this VG-10, and think the original surface quality is terrific! It needs a bit more rim to achieve a grade of "Fine" or better.

This is in an Older ANACS slab. Great job by everyone on their guesses. It's hard to tell on this one, I'm considering crossing over, but there are some very old scratches, very old! It's graded as F12.

This is in an Older ANACS slab. Great job by everyone on their guesses. It's hard to tell on this one, I'm considering crossing over, but there are some very old scratches, very old! It's graded as F12.

F12 was my first instinct. I'd attempt the cross.

I'm more concerned about the toning around the devices which seems to be darker. If it has worked its way into the surface, that can be a negative, even in the Fine grade.