• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New #1 in the Silver Roosie Registry!

160 posts in this topic

All I can say is WOW! Brian has jumped to the #1 spot in the 1946-1964 Roosie dime registry. And in a hurry with a bunch of amazing additions to his set. Several POP 1/0 68*FT coins have put him in the first spot. It would be very cool to see his set in person next to my #1 PCGS Set. Between the two, the colors cover the rainbow, in some cases with just one coin!

Congrats Brian!

Nice Job Brian, A new Roosie King is born. Wow! A world class set indeed.

The torch has officially been handed over. Talk about crushing the Silver

Roosie Competition, You have done it….Congratulations of a great achievement

Nick Cascio

Onlyroosies

Congrats on the achievement! Definitely an impressive set! Now you are the one that will be wearing the target on your back for future collectors.

Thanks fellas, I had a lot of help finding these coins and putting this set together! I'm good with having a target on my back. I can stare at nicely toned Roosies all day long...it would be great to see someone come up with some more of these gems. I'm not even close to the set I would like to have before they put me in the ground (all 68*FT coins)...now that will be a challenge, especially the way NGC is with the star designation at the moment.

When someone COMPLETES a set it is a HUGE deal and quite an achievement. But to take over the #1 spot!! That is just incredibly awesome and certainly deserves resounding praise! :applause:

Congrats!!!

He may have taken the award this year. But I can honestly say..He bought the award and he PAID for it. Now when it comes time to sell.. I dont think he will even get 80% what he put into it.. In wouldnt pay those prices..I know someone who found a sucker and made him pay for those coins

He may have taken the award this year. But I can honestly say..He bought the award and he PAID for it. Now when it comes time to sell.. I dont think he will even get 80% what he put into it.. In wouldnt pay those prices..I know someone who found a sucker and made him pay for those coins

Wow!....That's kinda harsh. Not even 80%??? Do I sense some envy??

when you start paying 4500.00 +++++ for ms68*FT roosevelt dimes you have to wonder, how many ppl want to spend that kind of money for that coin when time comes to sell.My collectoin is right under his and I probally paid less than 50%than him to accomplish it..when the #1 guy before me sold his collection, I wasnt even told about the sale.They knew that I wasnt going to pay those prices and they needed a new fish..Did they hook a big one! WOW !!!!!! When I first started going after the #1 guy,I was suckered in by someone and started paying outragous prices to accomplish it..He sold me a 68FT for 3500.00 .8 monthes later I aquired the same coin in 68*FT for 2600.00 through an auction site..Over the years, I took a major loss on some coins in my collection...This dude is about to take a blood bath..I hope his 401K will be there...I dont envy him. I feel sorry for him...I have a big smile on my face as i write this. A fool and his money are soon parted

Thanks again fellas and Paul I'm really sorry you feel that way. "Roosie Soap Operas", got to love it! Times are changing and prices had to eventually go up. If I were you I would be happy the prices are what they are...it only benefits you and your wallet. As many have said this may be one of the most under rated and under priced sets in the registry. You have always preached FT coins to me and I have listened, hence the reason I started going after MS68*FT coins. Best of luck in the years to come. I hope we can still work some deals that will benefit us both.

Brian

when the #1 guy before me sold his collection, I wasnt even told about the sale.

Paul, perhaps the #1 guy (ME) did not tell you, or offer the coins to you due to the attitude you display. But, I don't don't have to explain why or to whom I sold my set to. Frankly, it's not your concern.

They knew that I wasnt going to pay those prices and they needed a new fish..

You have no idea what I sold my set for. Yet, you assume something you have no knowledge of. And, insult a fellow collector. Tearing someone down does not build you up. Grow up!!!

When I first started going after the #1 guy,I was suckered in by someone and started paying outragous prices to accomplish it..

No one "suckered" you Paul. The decision to buy was YOURS and yours alone.

...I feel sorry for him...I have a big smile on my face as i write this. A fool and his money are soon parted

Just sad in so many ways.

Dennis, I know some coins he bought from different sites..The prices were insane.

Jason, This series is a blood bath series. I think the more posts that keep posting,on roosevelts the more collectors will start in this series

Paul, first off you don't know what I paid. Second, I will give you the benefit of the doubt to think that you are smart enough to realize that prices aren't going to remain the same as those you keep eluding to 3-5 years ago.

I have an MBA and know a little bit about supply and demand. When you are talking about a one of a kind coin there is no set price. You seem to be stuck on the $3500 figure...kiss it goodbye! One of a kind means exactly that and as far as I'm concerned anything less than pop 5 is pretty special, but pop 1 will always be exactly that.

Lastly, blood bath is the wrong verbiage for all of this. There is a lot of passion within our Roosie community. Drop the personal comments and lets move on.

BA

Great achievement. I know some of those coins very well.

As for my two cents regarding prices, I paid $4000 years ago for my PCGS 49S in 68 -- not FT but amazing color. I later turned down $7500 for my 49P that I made for a total of $45. Those two transactions are about as extreme examples of roosie pricing as I can cite.

For 22 years I've assembled the best roosie color coins I could with no regard for the holder or the grade. I always kept the better coin. A good example, I sold an NGC 52S 68*FT and kept my PCGS 68 no bands coin because the 68 is a better coin.

Bottom Line: Price does not matter when you are truly a zealot.

Dennis,

I think Paul is referring to NFC. They deal in high grade Roosevelt dimes. Sometime ago they had several MS68FT and MS68*FT dimes for sale on their site.

I bought most of them in a bulk deal. Most of them ended up in the Lablover collection, a couple to other collectors and I still have one. Paul needs to refer

to Brian's rule #2 above before he post comments like he does. Paul may also be referring to Brian buying some of their other dimes directly from them in which case Paul needs to refer to Brian's Rule #2 and #3 above.

As far as Paul's comments about not being offered Lablover dimes That's something I cannot discuss on a chat board.

Based on some of Paul's comments he seems to place his coin values on pop and points received in the registry. That thinking will definitely limit your ability to be offered and or buy nice high end coins.

It sounds like Rainbowroosie and Brian value coins for what they are and are willing to pay a premium for the coin and not just the holder it’s in or points it receives in the registry. That thinking will bring the premium coins to you.

Congrats again on buiding a fine "collection" Brian

Nick