• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Request an NGC Registry Set - Official Thread - List Last Updated 7/5/2011

90 posts in this topic

It would be nice to see Mexico Decimal 1 Centavos. The large copper types from 1869 to 1897 as a complete set or broken out by mint mark like the 8 Reales. I am talking about KM390, KM390.1, KM390.2, KM390.3, KM390.4, KM390.5, KM390.6, KM390.7, KM390.8, KM390.9.

Would it be possible to get Great Britain George III 18 Pence (1 Shilling 6 Pence) Bank of England Token set added. Dates are from 1811-1816.

Never mind, you already did it.

Good Morning,

When looking at points this morning for the 53P Roosevelt I noticed the 53S was also included in the chart. Will you check this out. I think it simply needs to be removed from the 53P section.

Thanks,

Brian

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=739

Jerica, would it be possible to create a competitive set for the San Marino gold coins minted from 1974 to 1982?

These would be the tiny (3g) 1 Scudo, the medium (6g) 2 Scudi, the large (15g) 5 Scudi and the massive (30g) 10 Scudi.

Thanks in advance! :grin:

I must say that NGC has done a great job on getting the Ireland Rep. list on the Registry. Now if you could please list the 6 pence to go with the rest I could get all of my collection registered. Thanks a bunch. Best2u

Scott, I would like to see NGC set up a Competitive Set for Silver Kennedy Half Dollar Proofs (1964, 1992-Present). They have a set like this across the street but I am trying to put together the set all in NGC holders. It is surprising how few NGC Kennedys between 1992 and 1996 make it to market. Anyway, I think that I am not alone in only collecting 90% silver Kennedys. Across the street over 60 individuals participate in this set so I see no reason why it wouldn't be as equally popular here.

I have been collecting tokens and medals for an extended period of time. I have over the years encapsulated many into NGC holders. I would like to see registry sets for medals and tokens. I see no reason why NGC has sets for all sorts of foreign coins and california fractional gold but none for tokens and medals.

It would seem NGC should be able to has compettitive sets for so-called dollars, heraldic art medals etc.

While I understand this would take some work on the part of NGC I think in fairness to all those collectors of medals and tokens who have taken the time and expense to encapsulate their collections we should enjoy the same privilage as coin collectors who are able to display and compete in registry sets.

And yes I am aware of signature sets, but they are not the same. If our membership costs, encapsulation costs are the same as for coins, then we should enjoy some measure of the same level of committment from NGC when it comes to being able to display our collections.

WE should not be treated as second class citizens.

Medal and Token collectors Unite!!!!! WE deserve equitible treatment.

I would like to see some effort made to create registry sets for medals and tokens. NGC has yet to launch a single medal/token registry set after more than 10 years of grading them. I see no reason why we do not have a registry set for so called dollars, merchant tokens, civil war tokens etc.

There are many ways these areas could be addressed such as having registry sets for certain states when it comes to merchant tokens. Maybe one for NY state or Ohio merchant tokens, the same could be done for civil war tokens, you don't need to create a registry set for the entire merchant token group, do them by state.

How hard would it be to have a registry set for Heraldic Art medals, the set only has about 50 pieces.

Socalled dollars could be broken up according to whether they are section, !, !!, !!!. They could also be set up by major Fair/Exposition. such as columbian, 1876 Centennial, Panama Pacific etc

I think it only fair that after many years of grading a series and the numerous submissions made for tokens/medals that the collectors of these series enjoy the same benefits and opportunities as those for coin collectors. The last time I looked the fees paid by medal/token submitters was the same as for coin submitters.

I ask NGC to put together medal/token registry sets and to treat medals and token collectors with the same regards as they do coin collectors. I believe that interest in medals/tokens would increase if such sets existed and coin collectors had an opportunity to view these sets.

Thank You

Guest Jerica
Hi Jerica,

Could you add the Canada 2011 S$5 Wolf to the Bullion Canada Silver Maple Leafs - Special Issues category?

Thank you :)

Augustus

Hi Augustus,

The 2011 S$5 Wolf does not belong in the Bullion Canada Silver Maple Leafs-Special Issues category. However, it is in the Five Dollars, Commemorative Issues, 1998-Date set.

Guest Jerica
Good Morning,

When looking at points this morning for the 53P Roosevelt I noticed the 53S was also included in the chart. Will you check this out. I think it simply needs to be removed from the 53P section.

Thanks,

Brian

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=739

Hi Brian,

I have gone through the Roosevelt Dime sets and do not see any 1953S in 1953P slots. Do you have the exact name of the set you are referring to so I can further look into it?

Guest Jerica
Any progress on registry sets for tokens and medals?

Hi engineerrd,

We will be working on creating sets for tokens and medals as soon as possible. I will post it on my registry set updates once we start creating those sets.

On July 24, 2009, I requested that U.S. mint sets for years prior to 1837 be considered for addition to the NGC Registry. Currently, this hasn't been done, and the list of sets created or under consideration, that was posted by Scott Schecter, does not include these sets.

Has NGC rejected any consideration of these additions?

Guest Jerica
Can you add mint sets, prior to 1837?

Thank you.

Hi Stem,

We have added Mint State sets prior to 1837 to our list of registry set requests.

I would love to see an error registry set option, or alternatively, that error coins be allowed into existing registry sets. I have a gorgeous 1916-s NGC MS64 Broadstruck Barber Dime that the registry rejects because it is an error coin and won't fill the normal 1916-s spot.

I'm a bit late to the game, but, was there a discussion on why the 2006 nickels weren't included in the Westward Journey sub-set? The mint ran all three years as a series in the first day covers, the Red Book refers to the three years as the "Westward Journey Series", most dealers and other retailers include the 2006s when selling the set...

Just asking because as of right now I don't plan on collecting full sets of Jeffersons, but in order to include my 2006 nickels, I have to have two additional competing sets in my registry, that only have coins for 2006. =)

Thanks for adding the China 1 Ounce Panda commeratives registry set.

Currently there are four 1 ounce 1987 medals in the set, there are other yearss as well. I'm listing them here.

1987 Sino-Japanese Friendship Commemorative Gold Medal

1987 San Francisco International Coin Exposition Commemorative Gold Medal

1987 New Orleans International Investors Conference Gold Commemorative Medal

1987 The 16th New York International Coin Exposition Gold Medal

(the above are the four already in the set)

1988 The 1st Hong Kong Coin Exposition Commemorative Gold Medal

1988 The 97th ANA Annual Convention Commemorative Gold Medal

1988 New Orleans International Investors Conference Commemorative Gold Medal

1988 Munich International Coin Fair Commemorative Gold Medal

1988 Basel International Coin Week Commemorative Gold Medal

1990 The 19th Zurich International Coin Exposition Commemorative Gold Medal

I would like to see some effort made to create registry sets for medals and tokens. NGC has yet to launch a single medal/token registry set after more than 10 years of grading them. I see no reason why we do not have a registry set for so called dollars, merchant tokens, civil war tokens etc.

There are many ways these areas could be addressed such as having registry sets for certain states when it comes to merchant tokens. Maybe one for NY state or Ohio merchant tokens, the same could be done for civil war tokens, you don't need to create a registry set for the entire merchant token group, do them by state.

How hard would it be to have a registry set for Heraldic Art medals, the set only has about 50 pieces.

Socalled dollars could be broken up according to whether they are section, !, !!, !!!. They could also be set up by major Fair/Exposition. such as columbian, 1876 Centennial, Panama Pacific etc

I think it only fair that after many years of grading a series and the numerous submissions made for tokens/medals that the collectors of these series enjoy the same benefits and opportunities as those for coin collectors. The last time I looked the fees paid by medal/token submitters was the same as for coin submitters.

I ask NGC to put together medal/token registry sets and to treat medals and token collectors with the same regards as they do coin collectors. I believe that interest in medals/tokens would increase if such sets existed and coin collectors had an opportunity to view these sets.

Thank You

Setting up standard registry sets for tokens and medals would require no small of amount of knowledge of each of the series and a great deal of effort for what could prove to be comparatively little return. There are for example some ten thousand plus varieties of Civil War tokens. One alternative would be to create sub-categories under the signature sets -- for Civil War tokens -- for Hard Times tokens, for So-called dollars, etc.

Hi Jerica

First I would like to thank you for creating the Icelandic coin Registry sets that NGC made last year. I had mentioned to you that if you can include some of the coins that was not included in the Icelandic Kingdom Era Set that should have been entered, The list of coins are as follows.

The 1938 2 Aurar Half Filled 8,,,,,The 1938 2 Aurar Filled 8.

Ngc has graded both of these coins for me and they are noted as such on the holder,,You have the normal 1938 2 Aurar listed so is it possible to add them as well.

The 1937 1 Eyrir Wide and Narrow Dates.

You have the 1937 25 Aurar,, Far and Near dates in the Registry set. I had sent in both of these 1937 1 Eyrir for grading on the same form and I had asked to have them noted as such on the holder like NGC did for the 1938 2 Aurar's ....Should I send the 1937 1 Eyrir's back to you and possibly have them noted as such on the holder.

Now all of the above coins have been noted in the World Krause Catalog.

Last year when you created this set you had a spot for a 1938 1 Eyrir for a large and small 3 and after specking with you I mentioned that there isn't a coin like that,,But there is a Upright and a Slanted 8. I know that this coin has not been mentioned in any book,,,But if I was to send you these coins,,Already in a NGC holder but not noted on the holder,,is it possible to create a spot for them as well and can I have them also noted on the holder if they are sent back to NGC.

Now there are two more coins that I would like to see placed in the Kingdom Era Set and they are the 1940 1 Krona and the 1940 2 Kronur in a Specimen Strikes that was minted in England. I have five of them in total and I have two different metal types for the 1940 2 Kronur. They are in PCGS holders and I would like to have them in a NGC holders if you can create a spot for them in the Registry.

If its all possible I would very much like to see these spots created so I can have a more complete set and if anyone can do this ,,it would be you.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hi Jerica,

Could you add the CANADA Fifteen Dollars, Lunar Coins, SCALLOPED 2010-Date to the registry? There is no category for the scalloped coins.

Thanks a million :) Augustus

Hi Augustus,

This set has been added to the list of registry set requests.

Hi Jerica

First I would like to thank you for creating the Icelandic coin Registry sets that NGC made last year. I had mentioned to you that if you can include some of the coins that was not included in the Icelandic Kingdom Era Set that should have been entered, The list of coins are as follows.

The 1938 2 Aurar Half Filled 8,,,,,The 1938 2 Aurar Filled 8.

Ngc has graded both of these coins for me and they are noted as such on the holder,,You have the normal 1938 2 Aurar listed so is it possible to add them as well.

The 1937 1 Eyrir Wide and Narrow Dates.

You have the 1937 25 Aurar,, Far and Near dates in the Registry set. I had sent in both of these 1937 1 Eyrir for grading on the same form and I had asked to have them noted as such on the holder like NGC did for the 1938 2 Aurar's ....Should I send the 1937 1 Eyrir's back to you and possibly have them noted as such on the holder.

Now all of the above coins have been noted in the World Krause Catalog.

Last year when you created this set you had a spot for a 1938 1 Eyrir for a large and small 3 and after specking with you I mentioned that there isn't a coin like that,,But there is a Upright and a Slanted 8. I know that this coin has not been mentioned in any book,,,But if I was to send you these coins,,Already in a NGC holder but not noted on the holder,,is it possible to create a spot for them as well and can I have them also noted on the holder if they are sent back to NGC.

Now there are two more coins that I would like to see placed in the Kingdom Era Set and they are the 1940 1 Krona and the 1940 2 Kronur in a Specimen Strikes that was minted in England. I have five of them in total and I have two different metal types for the 1940 2 Kronur. They are in PCGS holders and I would like to have them in a NGC holders if you can create a spot for them in the Registry.

If its all possible I would very much like to see these spots created so I can have a more complete set and if anyone can do this ,,it would be you.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hi Iskrona,

Thank you for sending us your list of requests for the registry for the Kingdom Era Set. The information and coins will be reviewed and I will message you with the update.

Any chance that these sets will be posted?

III Vasa Ort (1/4 T) from 1608-1626, as well, Poland --- Peoples Republic of Poland 1945-1994 PROBA

Thanks,

Tomasz