• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD"
1 1

103 posts in this topic

1. Is it possible to put a empty slot in a custom set?

I would like to reserve a slot for a missing coin so I do not have to renumber all the slots.

Just like NGC does for the competitive sets.

• Administrator

Hello, asdfgh.

Thanks for the question. If you are adding a slot to an existing set, you would click 'Add New' on the edit set screen.

It will open the window where you can add a new coin to your inventory. You can then add the coin with a status of 'Want'. It will create the slot in your set, and you can put the appropriate sort number on it just like any other slot. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

• Administrator

Thanks for the question, zilva.

This feature is not possible right now. At one time, users were able to enter html to add a picture to their set descriptions, but some of the html caused a problem. As such, we had to remove the ability to include html. We intend to add a more friendly markup language some time in the future, so adding pictures to the set description will be possible. Thanks very much.

Thank you, Ali.

I was asking because I see pictures in other members sets descriptions.

Now it is clear for me why I was not able to put pictures by myself.

It would be nice to add this option in the future.

Thank you again for your answer.

8 hours ago, PennyMan1001 said:

Hi, I was just uploading pictures of all my NGC graded coins in my registry set. I was able to post all my photos, but they are rotated 90 degrees.  How can this be fixed?

I appreciate the help and thank you.

Hello, 

Thank you for the inquiry.  The Collection Manager/Registry does not have photo editing available.  You will need to edit your photos on your computer and upload the edited photos to your gallery.  Thank you.

On 8/9/2010 at 9:28 AM, Architecht said:

3. Seeing a guide value on a coin is dependent on a few things.

First, we need to be able to associate a very specific definition of what that coin is with the entry in order to be sure we're matching up the correct price. The way you do this when adding a coin is to use the search terms tool. If you can identify a coin from the list that way then we can be sure that we know precisely what the coin is.

Second, we need to be sure to have a grade filled in. Currently, for some coins the lower grade value have a known issue displaying a guide price, but the fix for that is coming soon.

Third, a price need to exist. Our price guide is very complete for U.S. coins, but world and ancient coins will generally not have prices associated with them right now.

Hi, 

I know this Collection Manager is a great tool, but the problem with 'no price' despite having it in the price guides online is really annoying.  Does anyone know a workaround/fix until the issue is resolved.

Thanks

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Jack1221 said:

Hi, 

I know this Collection Manager is a great tool, but the problem with 'no price' despite having it in the price guides online is really annoying.  Does anyone know a workaround/fix until the issue is resolved.

Thanks

Hello, Jack1221.

Thanks for the inquiry. Coins with prices in the NGC US Price Guide will have prices displayed in the Collection Manager. If a coin has a special label or designation that is not listed in our Price Guide, then it will not reflect a price in the Collection Manager. If you need further assistance with the NGC Registry, feel free to reach out to us at registry@ngccoin.com. If you have questions about the NGC price guide, please email Kevin Stoutjesdyk at kstoutjesdyk@ngccoin.com. Thank you.