• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC Registry Coin Manager - "OFFICIAL COMMENTS THREAD"
1 1

103 posts in this topic

Thank you, Paul. I just think that this would be a feature, especially for older collectors such as myself, who have had various sets through many years of collecting. This feature would provide historical visibility for all who have had notable sets over the years. I think that they should also have some recognition, just not all for the here and now.

The data is already in the servers, it just needs to be brought out and listed.

In the NGC Census, the 2008 W Buffallo G$50 PFCU coin Variety field does not differentiate between the .9999 Fine and the .9999 Fine - Early Releases the term Early Releases is missing in the appropriate field. This needs to be corrected since the item description for the Registry Sets is pulled from the NGC Census database. Right now, the Item Description field is not recognizing any 2008 G$50 Early Releases in the Registry Sets.

For Early Releases, the Item Description is being read as: G$50 2008 W BUFFALO .9999 FINE instead of G$50 2008 W BUFFALO .9999 FINE-EARLY RELEASES.

I noticed on my S10 Yuan China Panda competitive set that their are no values put to the coins; Is this somethng that is going to be implemented in the future? I know the coin values just came out??? Please let me know....

Edited by Lunar

• Administrator

RE: I noticed on my S10 Yuan China Panda competitive set that their are no values put to the coins;

I have forwarded your question to the appropriate people. I will notify you when I hear back from them. Thank you for your interest in NGC.

Hey champ!

When will we expand on the pattern selections in the registery? We need to include patterns as a listing as it is to broad and non specific. Each country should have patterns made and it would be a great addtion to the registery.

• Administrator

Thank you for your inquiry.

Potential pattern coin Registry sets are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Most patterns were struck in very limited numbers and in many cases it is not possible to define a "complete set." Accurate values and rarity estimates are also difficult--if not impossible--to compile, which can prevent a set from having accurate scores. We do, however, offer Custom Sets in the NGC Registry, which allow you to choose what coins constitute a set. This allow collectors of all types of coins, tokens and medals the opportunity to showcase them in the NGC Registry.

• Administrator

If you click on the HISTORY tab of your set, you will see that 22 points were added, mistakenly, to a coin, so we then removed the 22 points. Your score remains unchanged. Thanks.

Edited by Ali E.

Ummmm, I think NGC/Collectors Society needs to take a look at it's Washington quarters 1932 - 1964, Circulation Issue point scores. I'm guessing NGC is redoing the point totals for the assorted date/mm.

I just looked this evening and noticed that I had gained roughly 80,000 points... without doing anything, and with a previous score of ~ 23,500. Obviously I'd be thrilled if I picked up 80K, but something tells me someone has mis-entered some values. I notice that 5 date/mm (of the date/mm I own) seem to be the problem: 1940-S, 1944, 1947-D, 1950-S, and 1953-S. Each of them have had extreme point increases. I'm assuming there are also some crazy point changes in some of the date/mm that I don't own.

• Administrator

Good Morning.

There was a programming issue that occurred on Friday with some quarter sets and some half-dollar sets. The programmers are working on it now. Thank you for your patience.

Hi there,

I just started coin collecting not long ago, and I registered with NGC after I bought my first few slabs.

I have a question on Custom Sets. I have a series of coins that spawns across multiple year (Australian Kookaburra/ Koala) for example and these are raw coins. I am still missing coins from certain years.

Currently I enter my raw coins as "Owned" for those I have acquired, and "Want" for those I have yet to purchase. Is there any way to display the custom set banner as XX/YY where XX is the number of coins I "Owned" and YY is the total number of coins in this set?

The current system shows XX/XX where it just assumes I own all the coins be it "Owned" or "Want".

• Administrator

Hi, Daniel.

Thanks for your question. I am looking into this and will get back to you as soon as I have an answer. Thanks, and have a super day!

I see that the Purchased Price was changed to a number format, but Value still appears to be a string. When I sort by Value, it goes 10.00, 100.00, 11.25, etc.. Is there some plan for fixing this?

I've been trying to register some Peace Dollars in my set . The PCGS coins add to my set and as usually are shown as Pending.

But the NGC coins go into "verifying" for a very long time but never do verify, they eventually time out.

Is there something new I need to do?

Thanks

Jeff

Edited by Jeff's Silver

I had the same problem with some Japanese coins a couple days ago. I ended up doing the 'add coin' from the 'my collection' drop down menu. Then, I went to the set and they were there as 'available coins' to add to the set. The validation thing was not working at all.

• Administrator

We apologize; we had temporary server connectivity issues over the weekend and this morning. You should be ok to add your coins now. Please let us know if you have further issues. Thanks.

Any thoughts on adding an added/removed feature to compliment an individual set's +/- point move? In the sets I'm competing in, I often wonder what coin another collector added/removed to get the point move listed as updated. If I was a better stalker, I'd know what everyone was doing with their sets, but my stalker skills just aren't what they used to be ;)

Just like every vehicle I've ever owned, takes me a few years to figure out all the bonus features :) Checked it out, and that is exactly what I was looking for.

BTW, Ali E. is amazing. Fast responses, and puts up with the millions of rookie questions or comments I have. :)

Not to hijack this thread, but I have another random question.

Does NGC ever do "House Cleaning" on old/abandoned/zero'd out registry sets? On one registry one person has over 50 sets all under 10 points for the last 5 years or more and has never been touched since the original entry of the one same coin for all the sets. Is there any system in place to verify these sets are still valid? It's doesn't have any effect on me either way, just random thought.

• Administrator

Hello, Kapimono.

NGC Registry Sets that remain empty for six months are eventually deleted. As long as a set has coins in it, we will not delete a customer's set. Thanks for the question, and thank you for your kind words.

I am building a WWII Slovakia set and I noticed that the 5K says 1944 instead of 1939.

They only had 1 run of 5K's in 1939 to my knowledge.

Wonder if this was somehow mistaken with the 1944 50 Korun, which is correctly listed as 1944 S50K.

For reference I am looking at Krause 1901-2000 37th ed. page 1878

Ow8aouXl.jpg

• Administrator

njf,

Thanks for the comment. If you feel your coin is not labeled properly, please call NGC Customer Service at 1-800-642-2646, so they can be of assistance. Thank you.

Hi Alison,

In the [[Canada>Commemorative>Silver $4 Heroes of the War of 1812]] and [[Canada>Commemorative>Silver $4, Proof 2004-Date]] Series there is a coin labelled "2014 BATTLE AT CHATEAUGUAY". This coin is actually a $250 1-kilo silver coin, instead of a $4 coin. The Mint decided to make this into a $250 coin and never actually minted a $4 version.

Best,

Josh.