• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why cant I add my new PCGS coins?

16 posts in this topic

Trying to add some new jeffersons PCGS slabs to my registry, I went to add set, and did it by adding ngc/pcgs coin and when it asks me for the cert # no matter how I put it in it says it is not a valid cert#, I tried thise with several of them, I tried the entire number before and after the / and I looked at one of my other pcgs coins and the cert # for it is just the numbers after the / I tried entering just those numbers too still says not a valid cert, I have a hard time beleiving I have a bunch of pcgs fake 70's proof jeffersons how do I make it take them? for example one I am trying has a cert# of 94207.69/16599132

it worked for me

make sure you click the pcgs slot and then put this in 16599132.

On the next screen it will ask you what the grade is.

It will take till Monday for NGC to verifiy the grade and officially add your coin.

If it worked for Jaime then I doubt that the coins are still registered to another person.

Make sure you click the PCGS box, it sounds like you have the NGC box checked. And only use the number after the slash.

I had problems too the first time I added a PCGS coin to my Registry.

heres a screen shot pcgs.jpg

Okay I now the problem now you can not use the option with PCGS coins since NGC doesn't now the date and grade of the coin.

You must add them to the set you want them in like the way that I did it.

Read the second statement only PCGS already in your set can be used with this feature.

thats it, I added it to one single set and went back to the set manager and it recognized it, but how do I add it to all the sets it qualifies for without entering it in each set manually? I remember being able to pick from a list of sets it qualifies for that I already have and add it without creating a whole new set.

thats it, I added it to one single set and went back to the set manager and it recognized it, but how do I add it to all the sets it qualifies for without entering it in each set manually? I remember being able to pick from a list of sets it qualifies for that I already have and add it without creating a whole new set.

You have to go into the sets and then click the link all the way on the right to add the coin to the set.

It is kinda a pain adding PCGS coins into the NGC registry.

so if I have several sets, like proofs 38-date, proofs, 50- date etc I have to manually add each PCGS coin to every set instead of being able to add it once? Please tell me this not the case

Yes you have to do it this way, and I have never thought it to be that big of a deal (shrug)