• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Indian Head Cali-fornia Gold" Tokens - Real Gold from California posted by Cal Gold "Token" Guy

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

"Indian Head Cali-fornia Gold" type tokens are fun to collect, reasonably inexpensive, and fairly easy to find.

Howdy Again:

OK, I don't have a clue as to who might have made these tokens. They all appear to be dated 1852 or 1853. They appear to be solid gold (probably 9K to 12K) and have appeared in auction catalogs and coin advertisements (Jay Roe, for example) for many years. They are not new tokens but vintage pieces probably from around 1880-1900. If anyone has more information, please drop me a line.

These tokens are unique in that their reverses have "Cali-fornia Gold" on three lines within a wreath. No other Cal-Gold token that I know of has this type of reverse.

I like collecting these tokens because they are fairly inexpensive and you can actually find them on ebay; just bought one in the last month or so for under $25.00.

I have a few listed in my signature set entitled: "California Indian Head "Cali-fornia" gold tokens" - check them out.

Later. CGTG

7358.jpg