• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT" posted by Clay

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I've had this coin for about three weeks

I finally felt like adding to my collection. Guess what! You guessed it "OWN BY SOMEELSE". The only thing I can do, is mark this person with DO NOT BUY WITH AGAIN. Sorry I gave feedback so soon!

7329.JPG

"The only thing I can do, is mark this person with DO NOT BUY WITH AGAIN."

Are you sure the person who still has this registered is the person you bought it from? I bought a coin from an established dealer about a year ago, and got the same message when I tried to add it to my set. NGC contacted the other party, who responded with "My records show I still own this coin; I will check my box at the bank next week to verify". Three weeks later, with no further response, I contacted Amy again. I sent her the dealers name and a photo of the coin along with others already in my registry set. Two days later the coin was transferred to my set.

The previous owner had sold the coin, along with a dozen others, to the dealer at a show FIVE MONTHS before I bought it. His failure to un-register it was not the dealer's fault.

Well you must not have been to worried about getting the coin into your registry if you waited 3 weeks.

I sell lots of coins on eBay and they are never in my registry but I always get emails to say please remove the coin from the registry.

• Administrator

The message isn't one to worry about. An email will be sent to the last registered owner asking them to allow/deny the transfer, and admins will handle any issues in the process.