• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP munkeyman95

51 posts in this topic

As forwarded to me by Ant: Chad Williford passed away on April 30,2010. He was a prolific poster here as well as other coin boards.

http://www.apexfuneral.com/index.cfm

Obituaries

Chadler "Chad" Alan Williford

(December 4, 1992 - April 30, 2010)

Chadler "Chad" Alan Williford, 17, of Holly Springs passed away April 30, 2010 after a brief illness. Chad was born December 4, 1992 in Greensboro, NC to Allen and Cameron Williford. He currently was a junior at Enloe H.S. in Raleigh where he was an honor student. Chad had a great sense of humor and like most teenagers was interested in computers and video games but his great passion was in coin collecting.

A memorial service celebrating Chad’s life will be held Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at 4:00 pm at Apex Funeral Home, 550 W. Williams St (Hwy 55), Apex NC. The family will receive friends prior to the service from 3:00 until 4:00 pm.

In lieu of flowers the family request that memorials be made to either Duke Children’s Hospital or DUMC Transplant Services at Office of Development, 512 S. Mangum St. Suite 400, Durham, NC 27701-3975, (919) 667-2575 or www.gifts2duke@duke.edu.

I am truly sorry to hear this news about Chad. I have always enjoyed his posts and PMs regarding various topics, not only coins. He will be missed here in our forums and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

God Bless,

Rey

This is unbelievable. I had shared scores upon scores of private messages with Chad and he was a very good person who was learning so much in life.

This is a terrible loss, and I feel for his family.

When I had my YN Christmas giveaway two years ago, Chad got a box for his (then) 10 year old cousin. He sent me a nice thank you note, and also explained how he had repackaged everything in a nice box, and put "From: Uncle Bob" on the gift tag. Made my day.

He will be missed.

I just did a double take with his age after rereading the web notice.

Death at 17 or at any young age is both shocking and sad.

This is such sad and shocking news. Sometimes I just can't understand why life can be so cruel and unfair.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Chris

I saw this posted across the street but did not know Chad's username over their so while sad, shocking and tragic......I thought it was a complete stranger. I have no idea how a parent deals with something like this and I pray I never have to find out......terrible knews for sure :sorry:

I saw the news across the street and was totally shocked. Over the years I have had many PMs with Chad and have bought several coins from him and sold him a few. He was a great young man with a great sense of humor and I will miss him dearly.

Guys we have lost a great coin collector and friend of these boards that will leave a void in our hearts for a long time.

Such sad and heartbreaking news. He will be missed dearly. Thoughts and prayers go out to all who Knew him. God Bless Chad gone but not forgotten.

Holy smokes. This is very terrible and sad news indeed. I thought the title was going to go into something humorous. Very shocking. My deepest congolences go out to his family!!! I enjoyed Chads humor and input here on the boards. He will be missed dearly!!

I only knew Chad through this forum. I was surprised to learn that he was so young. He could say a lot in just a few words. This is both sad and tragic. My heart goes out to his family.

Forgive the bluntness of the question but... What the hell happened?

What "brief illness" takes out a 17 year old kid like that?

My god, I was shocked when i read this on coin talk and had to see if it was really true. Chad was a great guy to have a chat with, i had no idea he was 17 and i'd had several PM's with him. He will be very missed....

RIP Chad, looks like heavens got a Numismatist angel now....

Absolutely, thoroughly shocking and stunning!!!!!!!!!!

I had a number of transactions with Chad and have nothing but good things to say about him!

Very sad day. Simply completely unbelievable.

Hey Chad, I'm really going to miss your comments. You always cut to the crux of the subject. I'm happy to have been able to see your insights on so many discussions. If I saw a Munkeyman comment, I would always pay attention.

Any passing leaves pauses and moments of reflection. Thank you for what you have shared. You have made all of us richer by your knowledge and comments.

Rest well. See you on the other side.

Carl