• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mercury Wings

2 posts in this topic

I have been wondering about if I should put coins into...

I have been wondering about if I should put coins into the one coin per date or the full set. I have collected several coins lately, and wondered which is the better way to go. I have some pretty bad dates, such as AU 58, then I have some average dates such as MS 66, with everything inbetween. My collection isn't spectacular, but I am proud of it. Sooooo, which way to go? Both with the best in the One per Date, or just the one I have now?

If you are talking Mercury Dimes you always have to consider what to do about the 1916-D. I have a complete dime collection in circulated grades, less the overdates. The only certified coin in the collection is the 1916-D in AG-3. If you want a complete collection with high grade coins you may have to consider the 1916-D in low grade. Otherwise if you do a date set, then you will likely be able to populate it with AU or higher grade coins for the entire set. Of course the 1921's might cause a little difficulty, but those coins won't light a candle to the 1916-D in AU condition.

Gary