• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just thought about something from my last post..

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

New thought on Kamakazy's post.

Kamakazy recommended that if you dont post a picture with your registry entry, it shouldnt be added. I responded that the terds would then save the pictures from Ebay and post them. Who in Ebay could we engage to ask about watermarking pictures. For example, if you are selling something and add pictures of your item, Ebay would then watermark the picture with EBAY going across it. That way the terds would not be able to right click and "save picture as". Or Ebay can copy protect it. If this happens, Kamakazy's idea would be more plausible.

People can put watermarks on their own pictures listed on eBay, and most pictures I have seen on eBay do have a kind of watermark down in the corner.

Ebay has made it more difficult to copy the pictures, but it is still possible, you just have to go through a few more steps.