• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Need some help posted by amarillo

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I have a question about some one dollar note's

To day I received a sheet of One Dollars note's and I was looking the note's over and notice that the plate number was smaller then the plate number on the back side of the. My question is with the plate number smaller would the be a mule note. I know that if the back number is smaller then the front plate number this is call a mule note. Thanks for your hepl Don

When you say the front plate number was smaller I assume you mean physically smaller and not numerically.

If you look to the left of the front plate number you will probably find the letters FW. That indicates that note was printed in the Fort Worth TX plant. The front plates used at bother the Washington DC and Fort Worth locations both use the same size front plate numbers. But the back plates for the Fort Worth location have a larger size to the back plate numbers than the DC location...If your notes do not have the FW but do have larger size back plate numbers then yes you have not really a mule, but an note printed from an error back plate. This happened back in the early 80's with FW notes printed using a back plate with the small size Washington plate numbers, #125. (It wasn't a case of a mule where a Washington plate was sent to Texas, because there were Washington notes of the same series also printed using plate #125 and the plate wouldn't have been in both locations.)