• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plus Designation for NGC Registry

13 posts in this topic

Guest Joiseygirl

Erwindoc,

Approximately 60 days after launch, the plus designation will receive a point premium on the NGC Registry.

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

Same question as nick (onlyroosies) but with a twist...What will be worth more in point values..Roosevelts- A ms67FT STAR or a MS67FT PLUS...This is the question on a lot of roosevelt collectors minds...

Guest Joiseygirl

Ohiodimes,

The plus designation applies only to US coins from select classic series, and it is not currently planned to be applied to modern coinage issues.

I will get specific details regarding the plus (+) designation relative to the star (*) designation.

I was told via e-mail that Roosevelt dimes 1946-1964 will be included. Here is a copy of the e-mail reply I received.

Hi Nick:

Thank you for contacting us about the Plus Designation. When we begin our service, all Federal Issues 1792 to 1964 will be eligible, including Roosies, of course.

Regards,

Scott Schechter

Vice President, Sales & Marketing

Certified Collectibles Group

NGC, NCS, PMG and CGC

It appears that NGC needs to get their act together on this. Their press release states no modern coinage. Amy confirmed that release this morning. Then, Nick shows he received an email indicating that only the silver roosevelts will be included.

I am also having a difficult time with this whole Plus thing anyway. To me, this amounts to a "micrgrade", if you will. At times, it seems all the services struggle with consistent standards in grading, and at NGC, even the coveted * designation. Which, I honestly do like.

Along this lines, will a standard be established in determining what would constitute a +.1, +.2, +.3, etc? Also, what if a coin really does deserve the next highest grade level. Say, from a MS67 to a MS68. Will the coin under the Plus program be given the higher grade? Or can it only be given a . "something" bump because of the definiton and guidelines of the Plus program

I think I am getting my first migrain with all of this confusion...I need to understand on thing -will the coin holder say( 1964 ms67+Ft )or will ir say something like (1946 ms67+3 FT)...I want to know if there is a number behind the plus...If so what is the highest number after the plus...

It would be funny if it was 1946-s MS68FT * +68

Nick, I havent heard a thing. Did you ever get clarification if the silver set will be receiving the plus designation or not from the powers that be?

I assume they will based on the e-mail I received. I just submitted 50 Silver Roosies across the street for plus designation. If PC takes um I expect NG too.