• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

***TO ALL FRANKLIN HALF DOLLAR PROOF SET OWNERS***

12 posts in this topic

Guest Joiseygirl

Slot changes for the 1956, 1956 Type 1 and 1956 Type 2

We've separated the 1956, 1956 Type 1 and 1956 Type 2 into individual slots. It will be required for you to 'Autobuild' your set so that your coins re-slotify correctly.

Thank you.

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

Hi Amy,

My understanding of the 1956 franklins was that they were either T1 or T2.

I am using Rick Tomaska's Cameo and Brilliant Proof Coinage book and he does not list any non T1 or T2 versions.

Am I incorrect?

Thanks, Dave

Guest Joiseygirl

Dave,

You are correct, however NGC did not always designate these coins as Type 1 and Type 2. Therefore we have to be mindful of those who own and have registered non-designated coins.

I hope that explains this.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

Amy,

Understand BUT... NGC now gives an edge to those that can get all three added to their set.

Does NGC really want Registry owners to strive to obtain a NGC variety versus a MInt induced variety?

Just a thought to consider with your team.

Best Regards, Dave

Amy,

Understand BUT... NGC now gives an edge to those that can get all three added to their set.

Does NGC really want Registry owners to strive to obtain a NGC variety versus a MInt induced variety?

Just a thought to consider with your team.

Best Regards, Dave

Both NGC and PCGS put the variety on the slab.

Coinfact also notes the variety http://www.coinfacts.com/half_dollars/franklin_half_dollars/1956_half_dollar.htm

Amy,

NGC should just allow entering ONLY two of the three possible slots for 1956. That way extra points are not awarded for those who go out to locate franklins that fit the classification of all three available point related slots.

There is no numismatic reason to fill all three, just two of the three.

Thoughts?

Dave

Guest Joiseygirl

I have a meeting next week. I will put this on the table for discussion.

Thank you for all your input.

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

Guest Joiseygirl

After receiving feedback from you and after some discussion, we decided to consolidate the non-designated slot with the Type 2 slot. Therefore there will be a Type 1 and a Type 2 slot; the undesignated coins will be eligible for the Type 2 slot.

Thank you for your input.

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

Guest Joiseygirl

CoinmasterI, (Dave)

I am happy that you are pleased.

Have a great day!

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'