• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crazy Now Across The Street ...

300 posts in this topic

I unintentionally crossed the line (wherever it might be drawn) with this thread.

Absolutely ridiculous that your thread was locked. I don't think that Willis will last long at the helm ... he is off too many people.

What does *spoon* mean?

Spoon is what the Nanny on the boards censors bad words out as. (to see what they really said, hit the quick quote button (but delete it before you reply))

Try it: , , etc.

That "Nanny" drives me nuts. :pullhair:

It's good thing that a famous English film director who was noted dark dramas, Alfred Hitch-rooster, and the guy who signed the Declaration of Independence, John Han-rooster were not coin people. Otherwise we would have Hitch-spoon and Han-spoon all over these boards.

I unintentionally crossed the line (wherever it might be drawn) with this thread.

Absolutely ridiculous that your thread was locked. I don't think that Willis will last long at the helm ... he is off too many people.

What does *spoon* mean?

Spoon is what the Nanny on the boards censors bad words out as. (to see what they really said, hit the quick quote button (but delete it before you reply))

Try it: , , etc.

Hey. It works. Usually you can figure out what "spoon" was by the context in which it was used.

Hey. It works. Usually you can figure out what "spoon" was by the context in which it was used.

Tell me about it it. :pullhair:

That's why I have used the euphemisms “Donkey Party” and “Elephant Party” when I post stories about my 19th century presidential campaign medals and tokens. At least “Whig” does not get a “spoon.” Otherwise I’ve have to take about the “Hair Piece” or “Rug Party.” ;)

It really is a poor reflection on numismatics and numismatists that the most popular board for discussing numismatic subjects is also the most heavily censored and rudely moderated shakehead.gif

I've always assumed that the surfactants in dishwashing detergent made it difficult or impossible for insects to breathe once it entered their lungs.

Insects don't have lungs; but, I'll bet you knew that Tom.

It really is a poor reflection on numismatics and numismatists that the most popular board for discussing numismatic subjects is also the most heavily censored and rudely moderated shakehead.gif

Absolutely ... however, the word on the street is that he won't be there for long :)

They just poofed a thread ATS concerning "Slave Tags" that was quite civilized and informative. Not sure why. ???

Because their server only holds so much space and they needed it for important threads like:

• Is it necessary for a coin Collector to wear torn jeans, have rumpled unkempt hair and a torn T Shirt?
  • Another Morgan on eBay that is not a proof
  • I'm back!!!!
  • What's this guy smoking?
  • I missed avatar change day...AGAIN!
  • It's ICON UPLOAD DAY!
  • My last submission results.....
  • Dear CU Forum Gods: Ref. Icon upload day...
  • Am I the only one on Facebook who's name is a coin series?
  • Is it necessary to have a beer belly and a grease spot on ones shirt to be a successful dealer?
  • Wi dont peple uze spel chek?

And yes, those are actual thread titles that were listed on the first two pages.

They need to stop deleting threads and start deleting users who continue to post garbage.

The only reason why I spend time over there is because there not enough activity over here to hold my attention all the time. I don't post over there for the better part of a year after they canned a bunch of honest, decent people for doing nothing wrong. Then I "fell off the wagon."

I will say this. At least there are fewer "modern coins at mega prices" hucksters over there now that the market for a lot of that stuff has gone down the tubes. You don’t see them posting as much, and none of them has yelled at me for while. Maybe it's because I’m just getting old, and they want to take it easy on the elderly. :preach:

They just poofed a thread ATS concerning "Slave Tags" that was quite civilized and informative. Not sure why.

Slave tags are an interesting topic, and I'd like to learn more about them. Too bad it was not posted over here. The main things I know about slave tags are why they were made, you had better watch you step because many (most?) of those you see are fakes and the real ones (as well as most of the fake ones) are expensive.

PCGS may have zapped the thread because they don't have the expertise to authenticate them. It's best to spend time on what you sell. I'm glad we've got the "tangents" area over here.

And yea I enjoyed gmarguli's list of stupid threads that PCGS fails to zap or lock.

I unintentionally crossed the line (wherever it might be drawn) in with this thread.

(tsk)

:rulez:redcard.gif(shrug)

Heck, I thought "dreck" was a brand of shampoo (shrug) .

Because their server only holds so much space and they needed it for important threads like:

• Is it necessary for a coin Collector to wear torn jeans, have rumpled unkempt hair and a torn T Shirt?
  • Another Morgan on eBay that is not a proof
  • I'm back!!!!
  • What's this guy smoking?
  • I missed avatar change day...AGAIN!
  • It's ICON UPLOAD DAY!
  • My last submission results.....
  • Dear CU Forum Gods: Ref. Icon upload day...
  • Am I the only one on Facebook who's name is a coin series?
  • Is it necessary to have a beer belly and a grease spot on ones shirt to be a successful dealer?
  • Wi dont peple uze spel chek?

And yes, those are actual thread titles that were listed on the first two pages.

GAAK! I just had an unpleasant deja-vu experience! That make me glad to stay here where it's safe, and not even bother to wander ATS.

I've always assumed that the surfactants in dishwashing detergent made it difficult or impossible for insects to breathe once it entered their lungs.

Insects don't have lungs; but, I'll bet you knew that Tom.

Holy Schmoly!!! Thank you!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: As I wrote the post I realized it looked quite wrong, but did not take the time to analyze it. doh! I'll just slink away now... :sorry:

Slave tags are an interesting topic, and I'd like to learn more about them.

A search will pull up some older threads on this topic that were not destroyed.

It looks like the Legend 68 Morgan thread got poofed also. The force is strong Luke..... MJ

I doubt that it will get any better over there after they announce their merger with Heritage next week ...
They wont be announcing or doing any such thing.

I doubt that it will get any better over there after they announce their merger with Heritage next week ...

It's nice to see you two on speaking terms. <3

Fletcher was obviously joking but thanks for the clarification. doh!

Fletcher was obviously joking but thanks for the clarification. doh!

You might very well be right. But you know that, how?

The only reason why I spend time over there is because there not enough activity over here to hold my attention all the time.

I hear that Bill but why does the pcgs board get so much activity? Why do so many people chat there on such poor terms? Even if people prefer the PCGS grading, holders or whatever; why chat on that board when there are so many more favorable alternatives? I just don't get it (shrug)

The only reason why I spend time over there is because there not enough activity over here to hold my attention all the time.

I hear that Bill but why does the pcgs board get so much activity? Why do so many people chat there on such poor terms? Even if people prefer the PCGS grading, holders or whatever; why chat on that board when there are so many more favorable alternatives? I just don't get it (shrug)

simple

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

evenmoreso for ultra modern coins in pcgs plastic

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

simple

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

evenmoreso for ultra modern coins in pcgs plastic

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I agree with Michael. It is a great place to unload high grade condition rarities for outlandish sums of money. I've seen items on there sell for prices higher than major auction houses. It would be the first place that I would go to if I was looking to unload some of this material.

There was a thread where Longacre wanted to know how to contact Laura directly in which I suggested a male stripper singing telegram would likely do the trick. DW PM'ed me and said it was inappropriate. I suppose perhaps it was, and I really don't begrudge him posting rules for the board, but policing the message boards to the extent that he apparently is seems an odd task for the president of PCGS.

Nice to see you on this side of the street MD! (thumbs u

Ray

I don't think DW polices the boards as much as you think. I think he has his "lapdogs" that peruse the boards constantly and I'm sure I could name five of them or so, and I'll bet you could too. There are those over there that can get away with pretty much anything while other pretty much tame threads will get bammed at the suggestion of the pseudo moderators.

I think a lot of topics get locked or booted because historically those threads quickly evolved into posters throwing jabs, right hooks, upper cuts and some were even sporting their lead loaded gloves. So, in order to control the mob mentality and to eliminate trolling, threads would just go ***poof*** on a regular basis.

I think a lot of topics get locked or booted because historically those threads quickly evolved into posters throwing jabs, right hooks, upper cuts and some were even sporting their lead loaded gloves. So, in order to control the mob mentality and to eliminate trolling, threads would just go ***poof*** on a regular basis.

I find it interesting that such censorship is not required over here to maintain decorum. Maybe the trolling and lack of civility they seek to control on the PCGS boards are a direct result of the heavy handed and arbitrary censorship. Obviously, certain people get away with murder over there while others need tread lightly or suffer indiscriminate bamming. Or, maybe this is simply a friendlier crowd ...

I find it interesting that such censorship is not required over here to maintain decorum. Maybe the trolling and lack of civility they seek to control on the PCGS boards are a direct result of the heavy handed and arbitrary censorship. Obviously, certain people get away with murder over there while others need tread lightly or suffer indiscriminate bamming. Or, maybe this is simply a friendlier crowd ...

This is a much smaller crowd. Just base don the odds, I suspect that if it got considerably larger, it wouldn't be as friendly. Unfortunately, I think a troublemaker tends to be a larger influence than a friendly person is.

This is a much smaller crowd. Just base don the odds, I suspect that if it got considerably larger, it wouldn't be as friendly. Unfortunately, I think a troublemaker tends to be a larger influence than a friendly person is.

Mark, I know we all can have a bad day, but don't you think if this forum had a larger participating membership that most of the regular friendlies , here, would do everything they could to maintain decorum to keep the nasties in check?

Chris

Across the street, I notice alot of 'celebs' post regularly - the CRO boys, Mark Goodman, Charmy Harker, and on and on, we have a few here also, but many more over there. Plus most of y'all post over there too...... But still, some very positive interaction here on La Rive Gauche et Je préfère :applause: