• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crazy Now Across The Street ...

300 posts in this topic

I think, and could very well be wrong, that if his id was bammed before he logged off, that the system will show him as logged on even though he isn't.

Weird things are happening.

The system shows when you were last visited the forums. Earlier today it showed around 9 AM. Now it shows past noon. The only way that happens is if he visits the forums, then leaves or is inactive for a long period of time and then visits/refreshes again.

The system shows when you were last visited the forums. Earlier today it showed around 9 AM. Now it shows past noon. The only way that happens is if he visits the forums, then leaves or is inactive for a long period of time and then visits/refreshes again.

Try logging in with his username:

Login Denied, you are not authorized to login to the forums.

Last Visited On: March 26th, 2010 1:25 PM

I don't know what to say. His last visited time should not be changing if he isn't logged in.

Now, Mad Marty has been banned.

That Willis is a total insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Defenders in 3...2...1...

Does anyone have Marty's e-mail address? I lost it when my system was corrupted. I need to get in touch with him.

Thanks,

Chris

....wouldn't you also need his password too? :popcorn:

Nope, entering an active username without a password or with the wrong password results in this message:

Your login credentials were invalid.

No. I have been using this method for years to determine if someone is banned at PCGS. Simply type in their user name and make up any password that you choose, such as "123" and then hit enter. The next screen will give you one of two messages and the message that you are not authorized to use the forums is reserved for those who are banned. It is a simple thing to do.

TomB- Hope you didn't wear out your typing fingers with all the bannings! Seems like more and more??

And, if what I see on the horizon becomes reality, you're on the future "hit list". I see any and all CAC threads as reason for bamming.

I decided to join up over here, after I posted what I thought were a couple of humorous rejoinders to a post concerning a coin dealer who, it was alleged, kept his coins in his pants. After the 2 glasses of cab franc wore off, I started getting anxious about whether I would receive a punitive email from DW (aka: Burning Bush). Well, that never happened, but I realized that even such low grade paranoia about posting on a hobby board made no sense... so here I am.

TomB- Hope you didn't wear out your typing fingers with all the bannings! Seems like more and more??

And, if what I see on the horizon becomes reality, you're on the future "hit list". I see any and all CAC threads as reason for bamming.

I think at this point the guidelines are all over the place. If a favored member posts about CAC I doubt if you'll see them get bammed. A gentleman posted a rather good and concise response to the post about Anaconda getting bammed, I'll re-post it here and my reply:

This made absolutely no sense whatsoever- Anaconda may be a strange and sometimes aloof person - but to be banned by comments that were not disparaging to PCGS is absolutely hypocritical in my view. The new Don Willis rules have not been followed since they have been out, this is fact- and Mr. Willis- if you wish to ban me from posting- then by all means- there are many other venues that can be approached that would not make you look good in light of what you are attempting to do and that is silence certain or select criticism from members of this board- they have as much right to VOICE an opinion- as it was ortiginally put on these boards many moons before you became the President.

To ban at your discretion is a unjust power- even if you feel it is your place to do so- many advertisers here pay you to have these boards open for members to voice concern as well as be proud of what they have- so far all you have done is create animosity amongst many that have been banned from posting.

I being somewhat new to this find it very disenchanting that you or anyone of the moderators feel it necessary to disallow a posting because it may be a bit negative in aspect to what you or others may say- this is the free speech that we all are entitled to- even if it is as you say YOUR (PCGS) website. Consider who is really paying for it- I would bet you don't, but your stock holders do! And they get the last say so when it comes to things like this.

I will bet hat I get banned for voicing my concern over such a trivial matter- if so - that is ok- I have saved this little deity for reference that I can take elsewhere to other boards that discuss your actions and such and they mock your inability to act as a President in a company that they do have respect for.

I was always taught to read, think before answering, answer- then read before sending a response- proper business etiquette. >>

I am in agreement with your post, but with one caveat... this is the house of PCGS, and if you are holding all the balls, bats, and gloves they end up with the ultimate right to do as they please, it's their ballgame. Not saying it's right, it's just the way it is.

John

I realized that even such low grade paranoia about posting on a hobby board made no sense... so here I am.

That's kinda how I feel but I'm in the monority.

I think at this point the guidelines are all over the place. If a favored member posts about CAC I doubt if you'll see them get bammed. A gentleman posted a rather good and concise response to the post about Anaconda getting bammed, I'll re-post it here and my reply:

This made absolutely no sense whatsoever- Anaconda may be a strange and sometimes aloof person - but to be banned by comments that were not disparaging to PCGS is absolutely hypocritical in my view. The new Don Willis rules have not been followed since they have been out, this is fact- and Mr. Willis- if you wish to ban me from posting- then by all means- there are many other venues that can be approached that would not make you look good in light of what you are attempting to do and that is silence certain or select criticism from members of this board- they have as much right to VOICE an opinion- as it was ortiginally put on these boards many moons before you became the President.

To ban at your discretion is a unjust power- even if you feel it is your place to do so- many advertisers here pay you to have these boards open for members to voice concern as well as be proud of what they have- so far all you have done is create animosity amongst many that have been banned from posting.

I being somewhat new to this find it very disenchanting that you or anyone of the moderators feel it necessary to disallow a posting because it may be a bit negative in aspect to what you or others may say- this is the free speech that we all are entitled to- even if it is as you say YOUR (PCGS) website. Consider who is really paying for it- I would bet you don't, but your stock holders do! And they get the last say so when it comes to things like this.

I will bet hat I get banned for voicing my concern over such a trivial matter- if so - that is ok- I have saved this little deity for reference that I can take elsewhere to other boards that discuss your actions and such and they mock your inability to act as a President in a company that they do have respect for.

I was always taught to read, think before answering, answer- then read before sending a response- proper business etiquette. >>

I am in agreement with your post, but with one caveat... this is the house of PCGS, and if you are holding all the balls, bats, and gloves they end up with the ultimate right to do as they please, it's their ballgame. Not saying it's right, it's just the way it is.

John

:applause:

John

:applause:

Did the author of that post get bammed already?

I wonder how tyrrannical he would be if a large percentage of the membership said they would stop submitting coins to PCGS if he didn't back off?

Chris

"I wonder how tyrrannical he would be if a large percentage of the membership said they would stop submitting coins to PCGS if he didn't back off?"

I do not think they are worried about that; they are dealing with million dollar coins not $100 coins.

That mite be true, but enough $100 coins not submitted would be. :idea:

I wish he or HRH did the Q&A forum again

in the last month somebody from customer service answered a couple and had no clue (they were wrong) on the PL and DMPL designations for Morgans

Originally Posted By: pyropappy

"I wonder how tyrrannical he would be if a large percentage of the membership said they would stop submitting coins to PCGS if he didn't back off?"

I do not think they are worried about that; they are dealing with million dollar coins not $100 coins.

"That mite be true, but enough $100 coins not submitted would be."

They used the $100 coin revenue to finance their million dollar coin enterprise. It is now fully funded.

Which makes more sense from a revenue standpoint? Submitting one million - $100 coins or submitting one hundred - $1,000,000 coins?

Chris

I have been added to the PCGS banned. I don't post much anymore so I don't know how long I've been banned. I am sure I made some disparaging remark about PCGS or TPGs. I usually do. Oh well, their playground, their rules.