• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new ranking category that was overlooked

11 posts in this topic

This category is not for the faint of heart. It should be called " Highest Ranked Best In Categorys ". At the end of every year there should be a special plaque to commerate the top person to get the most "Best In Category" Certificates .By no means this will be a walk in the park. It will push collectors beyond other limits to secure the most and best coins NGC and PCGS has ever graded . It should be ranked just like registery points,but with the most certificates as the leader. I would like to see how I fair out . This will give a lot of collectors a reason to branch out and explore other coins they might have not collected before. It will open doors to world coin collecting and different cultures. It is a great idea,and I would like your input

This category is not for the faint of heart. It should be called " Highest Ranked Best In Categorys ". At the end of every year there should be a special plaque to commerate the top person to get the most "Best In Category" Certificates .By no means this will be a walk in the park. It will push collectors beyond other limits to secure the most and best coins NGC and PCGS has ever graded . It should be ranked just like registery points,but with the most certificates as the leader. I would like to see how I fair out . This will give a lot of collectors a reason to branch out and explore other coins they might have not collected before. It will open doors to world coin collecting and different cultures. It is a great idea,and I would like your input

It sounds more like a 'best collector in the world' sort of prize, which would essentially be a prize for who has the most money of anyone participating in the registry. As for it pushing collectors beyond their limits...seems like it might for the top 5-10 collectors, but for everyone else, what's the point? They'd never qualify for it in their wildest dreams.

WOW....anything Paul can do to get another paper certificate.

It funny how you have all of those proof sets, with the complete and the silver set but you have the same coins in both sets. I think you do it just so you can get 2 certificates instead of just 1. lol

WOW....anything Paul can do to get another paper certificate.

It funny how you have all of those proof sets, with the complete and the silver set but you have the same coins in both sets. I think you do it just so you can get 2 certificates instead of just 1. lol

Come on Schatzy, he is wanting a "special plaque" I guess those certificates are getting boring.

In a way it does sound neat and it would be nice to even have a chance at that but for a LARGE precent of collectors out there they are lucky to just get one certificate. Also just because you have the most cerificates does not make you a better collector. It just means the you have more money.

It doesnt mean you have more money. It means you more complete sets. It has a lot to do with luck and timing throughout the year. A lot of collectors try be big and bad by finding coins that are cheap and have great points.This will even the playing field. Schatzy is more of a complaner than anything. He has no serious collecting sets,just a few coins scattered throughout his collection. You can buy a complete 1998 proof 70 set for about 200.00, but if you are shopping on the right days ,you may get it for 150.00.and those coins can be also competed in other sets.This idea if it was to become a reality would spike the prices of every proof coin.A 2008 PF70 jefferson nickel can be picked up for 15.00. That is sad price for that coin.Clad Dimes in 70 are about the same price. This idea will bring more collectors to the table.More people will have compete sets and their collection will be worth more. I would like to see who has the most complete sets. Doing this will also push some collectors to find world coins and expand their collections. I would love to see who has most complete sets.These are a few people I have found and I am sure their is a lot more with 100% complete set.

Name Complete sets

TPETERS's 22

VUMC409 18

COIN CZAR's 26

winnett's 24

Dr. Naranjo 37

Lantern 32

Paul kiraly 23

If anyone has more than 20 complete set please let me know and how many sets you have are complete

No, just no. And no :)

No no no no no

A certificate for certificates ? what about you go and open a service that certifies the CAC sticker. Makes about as much sense to me lol

ISchatzy is more of a complaner than anything. He has no serious collecting sets,just a few coins scattered throughout his collection.

Really!!....Have you even looked at my sets!!

:gossip: I got 16 awards last year.