• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My new submissions

36 posts in this topic

Quoting

"Anything can happen in an auction, and with the economy the way it is, it's no surprise. It may be a "Hot 50" coin, but that doesn't necessarily make it a monster VAM that everyone is after." end quote.

I didn't say anything like that.The thing I'm most happy about is the grade of the con bought for $30.00+grading fees. I really consider DPL in a different category mainly because of the huge price difference.Probably not correct,but there it is.

Pete

Geez, seems like I started one of the more lively boards!

Sure are a lot of opinions. I sold one of the 80/9-s VAM-11 tonite on ebay for $129.

I am sticking with my new objective of submiiting 2010 ASE's, but am going to submit 8 of them now, 5 for free. I am not completely ignorant of the criteria. I know some big spenders submit 1000's at a time (blindly), which results in the poor ratio of MS69 to MS70.

I have the time and the will to check out each very carefully, and hope to beat the suggested 4:1 ratio. All I need is 2 MS70's to break even (including my subscription fee), afterall am not dealing in more than a couple hundred dollars, so it does not fall out of the realm of the fun of the hobby for me.

Sure are a lot of opinions. I sold one of the 80/9-s VAM-11 tonite on ebay for $129.

I am sticking with my new objective of submiiting 2010 ASE's, but am going to submit 8 of them now, 5 for free. I am not completely ignorant of the criteria. I know some big spenders submit 1000's at a time (blindly), which results in the poor ratio of MS69 to MS70.

I have the time and the will to check out each very carefully, and hope to beat the suggested 4:1 ratio. All I need is 2 MS70's to break even (including my subscription fee), afterall am not dealing in more than a couple hundred dollars, so it does not fall out of the realm of the fun of the hobby for me.

I am pretty sure that you have to submit the "free" voucher separately. If you only put three on the free voucher you cant go back later and get the other two. It is a one time deal. If you submit eight coins then five will be free and the other three will go to a higher cost tier since there is a minimum of five for the lowere cost tier or maybe NGC will just return the whole thing. I would check with them.

I learned from David Lange at FUN that you can submit additional coins along with the freebies on the same invoice as long as they are the same tier.

Chris

Please post your results!!

In 2009 I went through 500 silver eagles, I went through them all 2 times and I picked out 11 that I thought were 70's, I sent them in and I got 7 70's back!!

Please post your results!!

In 2009 I went through 500 silver eagles, I went through them all 2 times and I picked out 11 that I thought were 70's, I sent them in and I got 7 70's back!!

63.6% success rate - this is incredible for the grade