• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think this would grade?

17 posts in this topic

the services sometimes will slab such coins depends on the day they get it and who is there and how they feel

they know it is AT but the services need to desice if it is market acceptable

sometimes yes sometimes no

currently i think at ngc the answer will be no

the services sometimes will slab such coins depends on the day they get it and who is there and how they feel

they know it is AT but the services need to desice if it is market acceptable

sometimes yes sometimes no

currently i think at ngc the answer will be no

Probably right. I believe this is a coin that does not need to be in plastic to be enjoyed. It's very pretty in person, and I think most collectors would be happy to own it.

you hit the nail on the head

this coin would sell easily for a fair unc price and it is lusterous and really pretty

now 5 years ago this would slab easily

and someday it will again

maybe today??

and if i had sure answers to these questions i would not be willowing away my time on the boards i would be filling out forms, submitting, then selling and getting rich

Just curious what you think would bring it down to a 62?

There's a significant amount of rub on the obverse and traces on the reverse. Particularly right to the right of the ear and on the edges of the headdress, and around the diamonds. Maybe a 63, but I can't see it higher than that.

I think that there is a chance that this coin will get a grade, but I don't think that it is worth enough to warrant the expense. If the line on the face is a struck-though, the coin has a shot at MS-64, brown at best. Gray Sheet bid in that grade is $37. It’s not worth the certification fee.

Just curious what you think would bring it down to a 62?

There's a significant amount of rub on the obverse and traces on the reverse. Particularly right to the right of the ear and on the edges of the headdress, and around the diamonds. Maybe a 63, but I can't see it higher than that.

There is no rub, probably just my photo.

I honestly think it's an AU-58, but a TRUE AU-58, where the coin has UNC details and only friction (not wear) on the high points. There is no loss of luster to wear, either.

It's what commonly gets market-graded as MS-62.

Here is the sellers photo........I picked this coin up for $25 about 4 years ago.

1906.jpg

Here are some photos taken in sunlight that show the luster better.

1906buo.jpg1906bur.jpg

That doesn't look like rub then...still don't think the color seems 100% NT

I like the color. It might be NT, but also AT. I've seen coins like this that have been treated with MS70. Enjoy it as it is. This is one of the enigmatic questions in numismatics. How did the color get there???