• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 39 - Happy Black Friday

26 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Just two silver coins were minted by the USA during 1933. Name them.

First post that correctly answers wins Striking Impressions: A Visual Guide to Collecting U.S. Coins authored by Van Ryzin.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Well, at the risk of being a smart azz, allow me to point that a LOT more than just two silver coins were struck in 1933. smile.gif Now, if you want the two types of coins.... well, those would be the 1933-S Walking Liaberty half dollar and the 1933-D Oregon Trail commemorative half dollar.

Mark

• Administrator

Just two silver coins were minted by the USA during 1933. Name them.

The 1933-S Walking Liberty Half Dollar and the 1933-D Oregon Trail Half Dollar.

The winner is EVillageProwler!

Your prize is Striking Impressions: A Visual Guide to Collecting U.S. Coins authored by Van Ryzin

The winner of the drawing from all the remaining contestants who answered correctly.....mark!

Your prize is an Intercept Double Protection box (holds 10 holdered coins).

Congrats to our winners. Your prizes will be sent out right away.

Thanks to all!

TDN,

You would do well not to compare the travails of your life to mine! It must suck being you. You wouldn't want *that* much sympathy, would you?

Wanna go to Bangkok?

wink.gif

EVP

Dena:

I got my Intercept box and I thank you very much. By the way, I disagree with TDN: I don't think EVP should be banned--just allow him to look at the question only while blindfolded.

Mark