• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1882-O Nothing special, but all invited to give their thoughts...

11 posts in this topic

Looks to be a 63, possibly 62. The mirrors will exaggerate the field imperfections. Definitely PL... and I'm really at DMPL actually. nice coin with nice periphery toning.

I like this coin and would grade it at least MS 63 PL with a good shot at a 64 and maybe even 65. What would hold this back are those marks on the reverse -I can not tell from your photo if they are grazes or something more defined.

As for a DMPL - no way to tell from the photo .

I messed with your photo a bit .

92283.jpg.ce2ef839061a126fed53fc14e77f5782.jpg

Really nice strike for a New Orleans, especially the hair! The mirrors tend to show every defect and that still looks clean, I'd say 65 at least. The one problem I have (which I'm probably wrong because no one else has commited) is the color and pattern of the toning. Almosts looks like there could be some dip residue? Still, a very nice keeper!

63 DMPL

Typical field hash - nice frost in general except for the smudge on the cheek ...

Might squeek a 64 depending on reflectivity

Nice Coin I like it