• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first Walking Liberty Halves

19 posts in this topic

Just bought these at the FUN show, see my report in the US Coins section for more details. Guess the grades of these beauties! The first is in an NGC fatty, the last is in a PCGS OGH, the middle one is in the previous generation NGC.

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_6183.jpg

IMG_6188.jpg

IMG_6192.jpg

IMG_6195.jpg

IMG_6199.jpg

1941- At least MS 65 , looks like a 66

1945- At least MS 65 maybe a 66

1946-S - MS 65 maybe a 64 because of those hits on the right obverse field.

I like the 1941 best - nice strike and overall very attractive.

I picked up a couple of Walkers yesterday as well.

Nice report Jason. Love the Walker's. Without a doubt one of the best US designs ever.

My guesses are 1941 MS65, 1945 MS66 and 1946-S MS64

Jason----- Rarely have I seen such enthusiastic approach to collecting. You are to be congratulated my friend.

And, I do think that one day you will indeed write a bit.

Mark T has my vote as being closest to the quality of the coins so far. And, he seems to have a good eye too----as you do.

I want to just say that you are definitely in the ballpark with these three coins. They are very decent representative specimens.For your first purchases, I think that you have done quite well. Like MarkT---I like the 41 coin the best. Have fun my friend. Bob [supertooth]

Nice looking Halves. I'm gonna guess 62,62,AU. Best I can do on Walkers.

WAAAAAAAAAY off Bobby. Try again, and we'll just ignore that post.

Told ya I'm not good at these! lol

Jason----- Rarely have I seen such enthusiastic approach to collecting. You are to be congratulated my friend.

And, I do think that one day you will indeed write a bit.

Mark T has my vote as being closest to the quality of the coins so far. And, he seems to have a good eye too----as you do.

I want to just say that you are definitely in the ballpark with these three coins. They are very decent representative specimens.For your first purchases, I think that you have done quite well. Like MarkT---I like the 41 coin the best. Have fun my friend. Bob [supertooth]

I have to say Bob, the conversation we had many months ago did spark my interest in the Walker series. I have decided to slowly build a 1941-47 short set - consisting mostly of MS 67 coins with the exception of the 41-S , 42-S, and 44-S which I will purchase in MS 65 or 66. I like color so I will probably focus more on toned coins .

Great guesses everyone, especially Mark T - who nailed them. They are all graded MS-65, but the first two I believe have a good shot at 66 (the 1941 especially - strong strike, bold luster, great eye appeal!) The 46S looks better in hand, its definitely a 65, but the luster is of a frostier variety.

That 1941 is a strong MS 65 , I think those marks in the right obverse field kept it from a 66. Looks like a little contact on the left wing of the eagle but that could just be the picture. As I said in my original post I really do like the coin .

I will post my two Walker purchases when they come in .