• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1795 FH 1$ impressions

20 posts in this topic

I can not say for sure if that tone is real or AT but nice none the less.

Many of these coins have adjustment marks, however I think yours are scratches.

The coin has the look of a VF 25 , I agree with Lincoln that this could grade between VF20 and VF 30 but would wind up in a genuine holder if those reverse marks are scratches.

AT/NT, who cares? :) I'd love to have that in my collection. Just the fact that it's genuine and has plenty of meat on it is more enough for me.

Personally, I'd love to have the coin in my collection. If you want the rest of the story, I too believe those are scratches on the reverse, and I do believe it's been cleaned and it retoning. Again, I'd love to have that in my collection... so if you decide it doesn't belong in your collection and you are looking for someone to lowball you... and I mean basement type lowball! I'm your man!!

heavily cleaned a long LONG TIME AGO as 95%+ of these bust and flowing hair were just the way it is

but a totally presentable coin in my opinion i think it would not get number graded but get genuine at pcgs and also details grade at ngc in my opinion

it is nicely retoning in the middle a darker silvery grey and with some sort of unnatural outer rim toning on the obverse

but it does look okie as i have seen much MUCH WORSE even in graded holders

and yes the so called scarches on reverse are mint made adjustment marks

they should not affect the grade but they are SOMEWHAT distracting to me

now there might possibly be some rim and possibly edge problem?? and i cant tell for sure from the photo but without seeing the coin in hand sight seen i cant say for sure

what is extremely positive aboujt this coin and i do love it

is this

the better 2 leaves reverse under the eagles wings

1795 Flowing Hair Dollars

Two Leaves Reverse, Head of ‘95 Portrait

bb-20 b-2 rarity 3 bolender is b

bowers and ( i cant spell boerkhart) lol so i will not say what the other bb means

i was surprised to see this really cool flowing hair dollar that was not the usual bb-27 which is like 90%+ of all 1795 flowing hair dollars

a good interesting coin with a good value and also good demand

and easily marketable

Paid $2000 for it. But decided to send it back mainly becaue the irredescent toning doesnt look right to me and the scratches were not disclosed

Did you pick this up on EBAY ?? If so who was the seller ?

Based on the seller photo I would have called it a fine . Do yourself a favor - don't purchase stuff like this raw on EBAY - to much risk especially with all the counterfeits being sold .

Fine-VF sharpness. Cleaned a long time ago, but I'm not sure that all of the color is old retoning. It might be "new" toning. At any the scratches on the reverse would keep it from getting a clean grade from either of the major services.

It's the kind of thing that might please you if you don't grow very much as a collector or if your budge fails to grow. If you do advance as a collector you will come to dislike it and won't get that much for it relaitive to the market.

It's sort of a "super filler."

Paid $2000 for it. But decided to send it back mainly becaue the irredescent toning doesnt look right to me and the scratches were not disclosed

My impressions are that the coin has VF25-30 details, but seems to be glossy from a cleaning. If there are no obvious, or fresh hailrines, I think it would certify to a F-12-15 grade at PCGS. Michael is right that most have been cleaned, howobvious that cleaning is determine gradeability. The "scratches" on the reverse are adjustment marks done to the planchet before striking. They are not scratches and not damage. I dont find them particularly distracting on this coin, and shouldnt affect the grade. The color looks like natural album toning such that you would see on a circulated coin. The eye appeal seems above average despite the fact that it was probably cleaned. All in all $2000 was a decent price ;)