• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Care to offer a grade on a couple of Morgans?

15 posts in this topic

1879- MS 65 - high end , MS 64 - low end .

1882 - At least MS 65, maybe Ms 66 on the high end , MS 64 on the low end.- Based on your photo I see rather clean fields, I have seen MS 66 Morgans with the same chatter on the face.

I am ok with the tone on the 1882 and believe it to be natural .

I don't think the 79S would go better than 64 with those hits on her face, and may only get 63.

The 82CC is known for a nice strike, and there seems to be some wear on the hair above her ear, so it will probably go 64.

Chris

My guess on the 1878-S is a 64 but I would be just slightly concerned that the bag mark across the chin might give it a hit. If it were not for the two marks on the face I might lean towards a 65.

The 1882-CC.... OY it's to die for! Wow what a beautiful coin and a great picture I might add. I have a soft spot for great toning. I'd guess a 63, but who cares (grin) that has MAJOR eye appeal to me....

Jim

1879-S solid strike as usual. Relatively clear fields. Marks are not that major MS65.

!882-CC know for above average strike. Tough to see through the toning. This is a soft strike MS63 maybe 64. I really like the toning.

First I love the 1879 S. Even with a few contact marks I'd go with a nice 65 depending on the mood of the grader. I would be disapointed if it didn't get PL.

The 82 CC. I like the toning; I don't see it getting the * designation. I think it would go in a solid 64 holder.