• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1826 Capped Bust Half - Grade & Overton

24 posts in this topic

For comparison y'all, here is an NGC F-12 from Heritage. I think you'll find Chad's coin and this are rather similar, hence my F+.

I'm quite surprised that is a F-12...I would have called that one a VF-25 or so. Guess I'm outa my comfort zone. Given those pictures I'd say more like VF-20/25ish. I still think there's a bit more detail on the piece in question.

Finally got this coin in hand today. Here's some more pictures - does your guess change? Mine did. It's got more meat on it than it looked like in the original photos. By the way, all of you that guessed O-108 were correct :)

1826a.png

1826b.png

My guess from the first pictures was F-12 or 15. From the new pictures, I'm guessing more like VF - 25. Very attractive coin in my opinion.

I agree with you, on all counts.

I originally thought the coin was no better than F15, but having it in hand make me believe it's a VF25.