• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay: 1916-D Dime NGC AG3 Looks better

10 posts in this topic

1916-D Mercury dime, NGC AG-3 but looks like a sure thing G-4.

Boy you ain't kidding. Unquestionably undergraded.

I could see G-06+, looks really nice from those pictures, must be something I can't see?

Boy you ain't kidding. Unquestionably undergraded.

I could see G-06+, looks really nice from those pictures, must be something I can't see?

Or yet another data point in support of "NGC is tightening standards." A trend of which I am in favor of, to a reasonable degree.

Rims look solid, I'd have to agree it's an undergrade. Nice coin there Frank. Usually they are a bit kinder to key dates. Hod did this one slip by? I'm surprised you didn't play the cracking game.

Rims look solid, I'd have to agree it's an undergrade. Nice coin there Frank. Usually they are a bit kinder to key dates. How did this one slip by? I'm surprised you didn't play the cracking game.

I bought it at the Heritage spring Long Beach sale, but Heritage had an old address on file and twice it was sent to the retail store that I have not worked for since 2001. Finally got it in October, after my travel season was over, and need some cash for taxes at the end of the year.

A bargain for this rare date.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190353377702

16do.jpg

16dr.jpg

The buyer strung me along for a month asking if I could wait just a little longer to get paid...Then NARU

dimebad.jpg

Coin was resubmitted to NGC at the Fort Worth ANA Show. I was able to show it in person to Mark Salzberg, who said "I don't know why they called it THAT"

Definitely the best looking AG I've seen, but the America letters are what kept it from G4 I think. The obverse is certainly good enough for G4, but the reverse is worn a tad too much for a 4.

But yeah, definitely a nice coin, especially to have gotten a 3 grade.