• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: Should NGC.....

Should NGC Reintroduce the Black Core Holder?  

828 members have voted

1. 1. Should NGC Reintroduce the Black Core Holder?

25 posts in this topic

It should be optional, maybe certain qualifications to be allowed in a black holder. ms/65+ coins? Top three Registry set coins? Just throwing some ideas out there.

If I collected gold coins in abundance, I think they would look very nice in this type holder. A good presentation.

I think BigD has a point... make it a "premium" holder. I would hate to see a bunch of 2002 MS-66 Rosie dimes in black holders.

Just tossing this out for debate.

Mix the Black Holder with the NGC start program:

Star plus:

1793 to 1933 MS grades

1933 to1965 - Coins worth over $200 with a grade of MS-66+

After 1965 grades of MS-68+ (Or even better NO clad coins)

C'mon!! We need more votes here! Perhaps NGC will take notice and listen if the demand is strong enough..please cast your vote!

dragon

There are already 30 votes. That means every coin guy voted both under his regular ID and his alt ID as well as a few of the comic guys. frown.gif

I would love to see the black slab come back.

Thanx!, comic guys!!! grin.gif

Seriously-- there's a couple HUNDRED! Registry entries, yet a lousy couple dozen votes... pitiful...

This poll keeps being brought up, yet NGC stands firm. What will it take, to restore the black-core holder to the NGC-graded library of coins??? confused.gif

I think NGC should produce a black core holder exclusively for gold coins they certify. I think that the black core would highlight the gold extremely well. I certainly would seek to purchase more gold in an NGC black core. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifpoke2.gif

You know, I thought I voted on this a long time ago. I know NGC's position on this but I think it's a great way to get reholders. wink.gif Besides, I'd like a black core with gold coins.

Coin Guy???

Just kidding, I would really like to see a option for a black holder. I would pay a nominal fee if need be. Yes, I think it would compliment both toned and gold coins (not a huge part of my growing collection as of yet) but, I also think that I might like to use it to "highlight" other parts of my collection at MY discretion.

JMO cool.gif

When I first started collecting and was using Capital Plastic holders, I thought that black holders were the best. Then I purchased some white holders and coiuld see a big difference. I don't care for black holders for anything. I would not ask for them, and I'd probably get some coin reholdered if they were in black holders.

I had several coins certified by ICG a couple of years ago because they offered a black Intercept Shield insert for an additional fee. Black can better accent the toning in some coins. The Intercept shield speaks for itself.

I believe that it should be available as an option at the same price as the standard white core.