• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What about this 1883 Morgan?

18 posts in this topic

Well I know this is in a PCGS slab, but unless what I'm seeing are in the pics or on the slab, I'm seeing hairlines??? Otherwise, very nice looking Morgan. Looks like a nice PL with some cameo on the reverse.

Those mirrors are pretty darn impressive, the contrast is medium. I wonder if this coin might be a proof? DMPL at worst, and because of the incredible mirrors hairlines will show up easily, so I say 63 on speculation.

I'm tempted to call it a Proof. If not,it's an incredible DMPL. 65. Pics are a little confusing and if I see hairlines it may be in a Genuine slab.Covered all my bases,guys?

from the photos

proof 62 overdipped and somewaht hazy and cloudy a little below average eye appeal

with little to no flash or blast in other words not much "life" in the coin

sorry

I'm not seeing these hairlines, to me it looks like they are on the slab as they seem to almost be shadows on the coin, but maybe I just haven't had a lot of experience with Morgan's. My gut said 66DMPL but I feel it might be a proof as well. Don't know if it would CA as a proof.

I'm not seeing these hairlines, to me it looks like they are on the slab as they seem to almost be shadows on the coin, but maybe I just haven't had a lot of experience with Morgan's. My gut said 66DMPL but I feel it might be a proof as well. Don't know if it would CA as a proof.

Not sure about the hairlines,either,but there could be some in the fields in front of the face.Very faint,so might be on the slab.

YA! I can't see less than 64 out of the photos...but in hand may look otherwise. It's a very borderline CA too. I might consider NGC as that ridiculous mirror could possible warrant a * if your lucky.

your're right sight seen might be different with regards to eye appeal as i cant see it in hand

my opinion with this proof morgan is to leave it alone as is in the older green holder as i think it is only a proof 62 no more no less

let some other genius who sees it...... if you ever sell it........ think it is an upgrade in the older green tag holder and pay you more

i see a proof 62 and in my opinion based on the photo i think my opinion is correct but again i have not seen the coin in hand sight seen